need motivation, please :)

Options
Hello, I have been watching my cal with my fitness pal since Jan3rd. Started strong with Jillians 30 days shred. I had a very sore shoulder since New Years Eve (crazy wii game: Just dance! did that to me ;) SO much fun!!). Little that I knew I had torn a rotator calf (sp?) and doing Jillian for over a month just made me feel worse day by day. I had to stop that :( and so I moved to running (couldnt really do much more). I started with 1 mile/ 12min in my Rec Center. I have been running for last 5 weeks. I was at 1mile/ 8,5 min (I I run 2-3 of them a day). Decided to push myself a bit and tried 4th mile on Saturday. Boy oh boy, I barely could walk on Sunday. My knee is still sore, I took 2 days break and walk yesterday and run today. I hurt!! My left knee feels like there is something shoved in it. SO what now?!?!? No upper body work, no running! I am set for 1200cal a day. And I will be honest it is not enough for me! With me burning 400 cal or over I was doing great! Now I am stuck! I feel like I am falling apart! I am 37 years old, have lost 13lbs and would like to loose 11 more. I need some more friends with a good word for me :)

Replies

• nas333
    nas333 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    listen to your body and do what you need to do take care of it! your MFP friends are here to cheer you on when you are feeling better!
  • coxy46
    coxy46 Posts: 23
    Options
    You may have to try yoga or pilates for a while until you mend - I used to run 4 days a week until I damaged my achilles tendon, it took 6 months to heel then on my first run it went again. had to take nearly a year off and now need to loose the extra pounds that crept on. I now cycle 3 days and run 2 which is working ( fingers crossed) add me if you want x