30ds lvl 2 kicked my butt and then some do I need to go back

Options
So today was my first day at lvl 2. I did 10days at lvl 1 and was finding it easy. My problem is I never have, even in the military, been good at push-ups. I could pass the fitness test, but that was about it. Lvl 2 is all plank stuff and I can't do it. I can do the walk out push-ups with like a half push-up thrown in. I can do the oblique twist thingies at the end but plank-jacks? no. I tried, I did about half of what they did on screen. When I was done I laid spread eagle on the floor for about 10 minutes before I thought I had the strength to make it to my shower. I felt like I was faking it through the whole DVD.

So should I go back to boring level 1 or should I stick it out and see if I get stronger and better at level 2?

Replies

• RunDottyRun
    Options
    I'd just keep trying. Keep track of how many you do with good form each time, see how you improve. Don't worry about how fast or how many they do on the screen, focus on doing more than you did last time.
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Do as much as you can and when your arms give out do it girls style or push pause for 2you seconds. Of course the people in the dvd make it look easy. When I first started insanity I couldn't do all the push ups, but now I can whip them out no problem. If it wasn't challenging it wouldn't be a work out. Good luck; you'll get it.
  • Arrica
    Arrica Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I too am on level 2 of the 30DS. I did L1 for 7 days then from day 8-day 12 I did L1 and L2 back to back. Today was day 13 and I just did L2 and I can say it is hard!! I look absolutely RIDICULOUS doing it. I know my form is not very good. I still do the beginners style and have trouble but I am beat when I'm finished, so for me I figure that is the point. I say keep on doing L2. The challenge is good for you.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    If you found it easy then you wouldn't be getting a very good workout. If this is what you find challenging then you probably need it the most. Just keep doing what you can and you will see improvement. You can only get better, right?!
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    thanks, I'll stick with level 2. I just feel like an absolute dork trying to get the exercises done. Hopefully I will get better and stronger. At least there is no one in my living room that cares about my spaztastic moves.:blushing: :laugh:
  • GMC_81
    GMC_81 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Stick with it.
    I've been doing Lv1 and did a Lv2 yesterday and the worst bit for me is the feeling in my wrists, they just feel weak when I'm doing the exercises.
    I'll be trying again today on Lv2 and just do my best.

Good luck.