Earworms

lillydlc
lillydlc Posts: 162 Member
Sounds bizarre but,

'An earworm is a piece of music that sticks in your mind so that you seem to hear it, even when it is not being played'.

Mine is 'Somebody that I used to know' by Gotye (feat. Kimbra). AArgh can't stop hearing it over and over!

What's your earworm today?

Replies

• kirbykez
    kirbykez Posts: 122
    Bush - comedown..
  • Swampstar
    Swampstar Posts: 102 Member
    I was grossly fascinated then, thought you were going to talk about some werd bug I didn't know about!! Disappointed now...:sad:
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    I've never heard this term but I know it all to well! I also wake up with music in my head-even if its something I dont normally listen to!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Sounds bizarre but,

'An earworm is a piece of music that sticks in your mind so that you seem to hear it, even when it is not being played'.

Mine is 'Somebody that I used to know' by Gotye (feat. Kimbra). AArgh can't stop hearing it over and over!

What's your earworm today?

Me to especially since my daughter showed me the take of video on youtube where they are all playing 1 guitar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9NF2edxy-M
  • cainie19
    cainie19 Posts: 126
    marry the night by lady gaga, i dont even like the song lololol
  • scicco
    scicco Posts: 58 Member
    Set fire to the rain-Adele for 3 days now grrrrrrrr
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Mine is Cat in the hat theme song (the canadian cartoon) I have a 5 year old.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    "go insane, go insane, pour some glitter on your brain"
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Aimee Mann - One
  • lillydlc
    Bush - comedown..

I love that song! Yay maybe I can get that stuck in my head!! :bigsmile:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Happy Feet - I've been humming it since I got my new running shoes yesterday!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    lalalalala............. I don't have one ............lalalalalala

:laugh:
  • lillydlc
    I was grossly fascinated then, thought you were going to talk about some werd bug I didn't know about!! Disappointed now...:sad:

I know it is a grossly fascinating term! But all the same I think it describes how these tunes can drive you nuts!! :laugh:
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Yeah that Gotye one and Lonely Boy by the Black Keys, give it a listen

Also Lissie - Record Collector
  • fitaliciag
    fitaliciag Posts: 373
    love that song. (Gotye) and today I have some stupid Rihanna song in my head.....I dont even knwo which one lol
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Not got one today but a few days ago I couldnt get "Sweet - Little Willy" out of my head so I played it on youtube to try and shift it. This was my status after....

LOL! my 17 year old son wants to kill me. I listened to "Sweet - Little Willy" earlier and son has just sang the line "you can't push Willy where Willy wont go" trouble is hes on mic on the playstation live with his mates!

I often get some strange earworms harking back to my childhood, many of them I can't stand!
  • lillydlc
    Yeah that Gotye one and Lonely Boy by the Black Keys, give it a listen

Also Lissie - Record Collector

I went to see the Black Keys a few weeks ago - AMAZING gig and hilarious to watch everyone doing the 'lonely boy dance'! :laugh:
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,585 Member

Ditto :grumble:
  • lillydlc
    Not got one today but a few days ago I couldnt get "Sweet - Little Willy" out of my head so I played it on youtube to try and shift it. This was my status after....

LOL! my 17 year old son wants to kill me. I listened to "Sweet - Little Willy" earlier and son has just sang the line "you can't push Willy where Willy wont go" trouble is hes on mic on the playstation live with his mates!

LOL!
  • same! But i love the song