qballjr13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My knees sound more like velcro when I do squats or walk up stairs
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My knees sound more like velcro when I do squats or walk up stairs
    [/quote

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Me too!!! That;s exactly what I sound like going up the stairs! I have no pain whatsoever, but can see the benefits in doing some strength training for my legs!
  • kizzaii
    kizzaii Posts: 52
    Options
    All the time which I find weird only being 21. I only need to turn to walk and it's like someone's playing pool
  • samantharichelle
    Options
    Yeah my Knee pop but you might want to have it checked out so when your older it wont effect you.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    My knees too. I started to take a glucosamine daily and it help my joints.
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    You CAN get rid of crepitus, for those of you who have the rice krispy crunch. Lots of direct, intense massage over a couple of months. Not for a long time, but a few minutes at a time. You have to get under the kneecap as much as possible. I massage around the knee and mobilize the kneecap every night before going to bed. The crepitus disappeared after doing this for about a month.

Thanks for this advice, I'd like to try it but I might get a physio to teach me first though before I attempt at doing this myself, wouldn't want to risk worsening the problem.
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Honey mine do more than click! They make this horrible crunching sound! I'm 43 but it's been happening since I was in my 20's. My doc told me arthritis. I've had some injections in my knees before but right now there is really no pain so I just keep on going!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,689 Member
    Options
    Anyone knees click? I'm 21 & sometimes my knees just keep making a clicking noise when im squatting, sitting down, walking etc.

Is this normal?
    If they are all the time, then there's a "tracking" issue probably happening. May not hurt now, but may cause issues later in your life. The clicking is usually a tendon "jumping" over the bone.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My knees click and grind, only because of my weight, i ruined them. Doc says I now have arthritis in my knees and im only 34yrs old:( sad eh! he tells me when im older i may need surgery, but at this point here in Nova Scotia unless extreem cases with someone my age and weight they will not fix them, so now im in pain every day. Boo :(

I'm with you Angela. They don't like to do surgery on under 50s because we'll just need another one. But he did put me on aleve 2x a day everyday for 2 months and as needed after that. It's been a year and I think I need to do the 2 months again but it worked pretty well!
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    yep It's annoying.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I had knee surgery on my left knee about 3 years ago. That knee makes a crunching noise now, but I think it's related to the surgery I had. My other knee does clicks and the doctor said it was fairly normal. As long as it's not painful I don't think there's much they can do.

It can be quite embarrassing if someone is behind you on the stairs lol.
  • beccy1982
    Options
    my knees have always clicked - my doc said it's a problem with the way my knees bent and i'd have arthritis by the time I was 45. I'm 30 and have already got it in the right knee. only advice was to lose weight to take strain off them.
  • ScarlettDuchess
    Options
    My knees used to click loudly but after 3 days of taking magnesium supplements the clicking went away. Magnesium is important for hyaluronic acid synthesis. Hyaluronic acid works by acting as a cushion and lubricant in the joints.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Yup. Snap, crackle, pop. Always. Although when I'm regularly squatting with heavy (for me) weights as part of my workout routine, it minimizes and sometimes, doesn't even make a sound altogether.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and mine do it every single time I squat down and go to come back up and has been for years...kinda sounds like a crunchy/squishy sound. It's not painful at all, just annoying and embarrassing when I bend down to pick something up and go to come up sounding like I'm 100 years old...but whatevs. :)
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Mine started at an early age and I had a doctor tell me that I had an injury at some point. And that it wasn't anything serious.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Oh thank goodness, I was wondering if there may be something wrong.
    Some horrid sounds come out of my joints and its really been creeping me out!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I didn't realise there were so many of us clicky freaks out there.

Fingers, thumbs, wrists, neck, knees (occasionally) and ankles all the time.

If I move in the wrong way I sometimes sound as though someone has stood on a sheet of bubble wrap!
  • favoritenut
    favoritenut Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Yup. Snap, crackle, pop. Always. Although when I'm regularly squatting with heavy (for me) weights as part of my workout routine, it minimizes and sometimes, doesn't even make a sound altogether.

oh my gosh, that is what I say all the time, especially when I go up and down stairs, and when I do any kind of workout, it happens.
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Ever hear someone say the word Decrepit? Well, that is from "Crepitus". Had my doctor explain that to me years ago....Anyhow, the clicking sometimes is an indication of cartilidge loss. If that is the case & the dr. sees need for, there are injections called Synvisc that can help. I did the injections in my one knee years back and it gave me tremendous relief. Works for some people but not all.
    Losing weight and exercising are a great help for all of the joints, especially knees. The knees take the most abuse from the weight of our bodies.