Energy...Anyone? Anyone?

Options
Hello :) I am wondering what gives you that ziinngggg in the morning? Obviously alot of us drink coffee but I am looking for other ideas to get me going in the morning. Today I feel so exhausted (before coffee lol....) Would love exercise or food/drink options for extra energy to get my day going.

Any ideas would be great...thanks!!

Replies

• TabbyKatzzz
    Options
    I have this problem too. I was always going to coffee, but since we've switched to healthier eating, I have been trying different teas. Oolong is what I am trying now, Tazo Zen tea is awesome. Also, I have noticed that when I have fruit and carbohydrates (oatmeal, bagel, whatever YOU like), that boost of carbs gives me energy to get going in the morning!
  • MNHoliday
    MNHoliday Posts: 20
    Options
    Good, restful, uninterrupted, night of sleep :) Doesn't even have to be 8+ hours, just uninterupted.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Good, restful, uninterrupted, night of sleep :) Doesn't even have to be 8+ hours, just uninterupted.
    THIS. Better than any energy drink or coffee. However I have insomnia so sleep sometimes is good sometimes i wake up like i only slept 2 hours.
  • comalucid
    comalucid Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I find if I eat spinach in the morning, I am awake and have more energy for the day. The most delicious way I find to get it in is in a smoothie, and the darker berries make it look more edible!
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    bump....because i have none :yawn:
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I like to drink green tea in the morning.... also a little stretching and light exercise (even just 10-15 minutes) helps get me going.... ALSO, I like to have a high protein snack before I go to bed. I know I have way more energy in the mornings now than I used to so I'm not sure what it is exactly but those are things I do in addition to eating healthy throughout the day and exercising 6-7days a week.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    B-12 is pretty amazing
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I am caffeine free due to a mild heart condition-my protein shakes get me moving in the morning.
  • YogaLife4me
    YogaLife4me Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I eat Greek yogurt in the morning. It has loads of protein, and some carbs and sugars to get me going!:smile:
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I find if I eat spinach in the morning, I am awake and have more energy for the day. The most delicious way I find to get it in is in a smoothie, and the darker berries make it look more edible!

For a minute there I thought you were going to say out of a can ...like popeye..lol I must not have had enough coffee yet!..lol
    Love spinach..

I like a oatmeal and p/butter with bannana in am-Gives me energy!
  • caseyann20032003
    caseyann20032003 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    For me getting up and having a good session of streching, light exercise, and then a shower gets me going.... a good night of sleep is definently a plus. I get up at 4:15 to 5am every morning so I have time to do this without rushing, I have to drop kids at daycare and be at work at 6:45am...I do drink some coffee once I am at work, but its not to wake up, its because I enjoy a coffee in the morning. Good luck to you! :)
  • Lillemeddy
    Options
    Some almond milk, vanilla protein powder, water, ice and blueberries! An excellent way to get in your good fats, carbs and protein in the early AMs! Wonderful morning boost! You can also add some cooked oats in the mix for some extra energy! I also like to go for a little run, but I haven't been able to lately, since my hip and knee is in a funk.

And hooray for us Floridians, that have to live with bikini season all year! :D
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    this is great! Keep the ideas coming
  • jumptothebeat
    jumptothebeat Posts: 71 Member
    Options

Agreed! I feel I can tackle anything as long as I get some good sleep time (though totally uninterrupted is very rare with two kids and a dog). A smoothie in the morning helps give me a zing as does fresh air! Opening the kitchen door or a brisk walk are great to get me going.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Early morning workout always does it for me - cardio to be more specific followed by a good balanced breakfast.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Glass of water first thing.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options

Absolutely this. I am roaring to go in the mornings when I've had 6-7 hours of uninterrupted sleep. And green tea. The day-after soreness from strength training, however, tempers this gung-ho spirit just a touch. :laugh: