Does anyone have a recipe for crab and avocado?

Options
1Corinthians13
1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
I am craving a crab meat salad - lettuce, not the mayo kind of crab salad. I love avocado and think the two would go really well together. I searched for a recipe and found one I liked, but I was wondering if anyone had one to share? I can make it up myself - crab, avocado, lettuce, spinach, cucumber, tomato....but I was hoping someone had one with some kind of dressing as well.

Thanks guys!

Replies

• 1Corinthians13
    Options
    I am craving a crab meat salad - lettuce, not the mayo kind of crab salad. I love avocado and think the two would go really well together. I searched for a recipe and found one I liked, but I was wondering if anyone had one to share? I can make it up myself - crab, avocado, lettuce, spinach, cucumber, tomato....but I was hoping someone had one with some kind of dressing as well.

Thanks guys!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Your idea sounds great. I think I'd add Thousand Island dressing.
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    yeah, urs sounds yummy, I would make a dressing with olive oil and lemon or lime juice to compliment the avacado and crab!
  • 1Corinthians13
    Options
    That's what I was thinking...lemon or lime. Hmmmm...I'll have to look something up and use some imagination. If it turns out yummy, I'll share! :)
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    2 tablespoons of Olive Oil, the juice from half of a lime (or lemon) and a dash of salt and pepper. Whisk and pour over the salad. Simple, yet deliciously satisfying! :drinker:
  • rocketdreams
    Options
    I often make a salad like that -- I use crab meat, avocado, spinach, tomato, and alfalfa sprouts, and about a half cup of brown rice for bulk. For dressing I just use olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and lime juice. It's sooooo good. Now I want to eat it tonight. :)
  • fatstrat
    fatstrat Posts: 216
    Options

Thanks guys!

Crab and avacado sounds delicious, I think it may be good with a Thai Beef Salad dressing.

Here's one: (Just replace the beef with crab!)

http://www.templeofthai.com/recipes/thai_beef_salad.php

:drinker: