Help with Calorie Intake for Insanity -- which is correct?

Options
I'm trying to figure out which calorie total to go with for my food intake while doing the Insanity program (today is day 3). Previously I was eating 1390 and doing light excercise. Using the formula in the food guide for the progam, here are my numbers:

655 +(4.35 x 163)+(4.7 x 67")-(4.7 x 26) = 1556.75 x 1.2 (sedentary) ((1868.1)) or 1.55 (moderate exercise 3/5 days a week) ((2412.96)) . This is for maintenance. To lose, I would subtract 500 from those totals.

So basically I need to chose between 1368 or 1913.

Here's where I'm having trouble. I have a sedentary job and work 8.5 hours a day. Basically the only time I'm really moving is when I'm working out. So I don't know if I'm supposed to chose sedentary as a lifestyle or moderately active. I'll be working out six days a week with Insanity for 40ish minutes a night. The last two nights I've been so sore I haven't been able to push as hard as I would like to through the program. I worry that if I eat 1913 calories per day that I will gain weight instead of lose it.

Any insight on this would be great. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• StarryEyed500
    StarryEyed500 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Basically the only time I'm really moving is when I'm working out.
    If you choose Lightly Active, don't log your exercise calories unless you burn like 1000.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i have the same thing going on. BMR is like 1280 but i also have a desk job and the only time i move is when i'm doing the insanity workouts. it was telling me about 1900 but that seems like a lot also.