WINE!

Options

Replies

• KimH313
    KimH313 Posts: 162
    Options
    Ahhh, meeee! My favorite is wine and orange juice---soooo good!

Is that together???? LOL just curious if so I might have to try that!
  • sailinjen
    sailinjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    you just names all my favorites!!!!! YUMMY!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, meeee! My favorite is wine and orange juice---soooo good!

Is that together???? LOL just curious if so I might have to try that!

YES! Mixed together, you will NOT regret trying it. It sounds awful, but it's really amazing!
  • Bvandergriff74
    Options
    Love both dearly... *sigh* but am trying to be good and just count it ...
  • mangozulu
    mangozulu Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Cabernet Sauvignon with dark chocolate and sea salt!!!! I haven't had that combo in months:(
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend introduced me to red wine and orange fanta - Just like Sangria!!
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    There is nothing I love more than a glass of white zinfandel. But I've pretty much cut it out since new years day.

I mix half a glass with some diet 7up to make a spritzer so there's less calories when I do give in to a glass (or 3) though.
  • Ajpett22
    Ajpett22 Posts: 8
    Options
    Oh how I love thy wine! Red and white, although my husband and I both opt for red! Little bit of heaven with a nice sharp slice of cheese, grapes, chocolate, etc.!!!

Ditto! I save room in my food diary for this type of thing :)
  • worej
    worej Posts: 108
    Options
    I used to love drinking beer. Good beer, microbrews, local things, etc. -- no mass-produced light beer crap. However, it is just not nice to my stomach! I always get way too bloaty and gassy when I drink beer. So I got into wine instead. And my god, do I love it. (And it doesn't make me feel awful!)

I usually don't have a problem stopping after a couple of glasses. But boy do I enjoy those couple of glasses! I'm a big red wine drinker; don't like white wine as much.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Me me me! You can't have wine without the cheese!!! MMM.

Shannon
  • Pams_Shadow
    Pams_Shadow Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Wine and cream soda... anyone tried this? I saw it on Mob Wives and I'm dying to try it.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    My two favs are La Crema and Cakebread Pinot Noir. Had some La Crema last night actually.
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I like my wine too- to make the calories stretch a little farther, I make my own wine coolers with club soda- no calories, and you can make a tall, 10-12 oz drink for only about 120 calories with red wine....
  • vachm
    vachm Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Drinking wine is a favorite past time - but it does show up on my belly - trying to cut back - not easy - especially with summer around the corner - love to float in the pool and sip cold wine!
  • Fubar_Bill
    Fubar_Bill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Every Friday evening without fail my sweetheart and I share a nice bottle of red and watch a movie at home.

I couldn't think of ending a week any other way. :drinker:

Just for the record, I also start my Friday morning by putting my wine in and then planning the rest of my meals around it. :wink:

Although I was a big wine and cheese fanatic, I have dropped the cheese and now eat Popchips. I can fill a bowl of them for relatively few calories. :happy:
  • CarolS51
    CarolS51 Posts: 2
    Options
    How nice to read that I am not alone in my love of the good tasting things in life. Red wine or a nice Tawny port, cheese and dark chocolate. Those really aren't my problem though. It is when I don't have those things handy that I start scavenging and eat semi sweet chocolate chips right out of the bag on a spoon of organic smooth peanut butter. Throw a marshwallow on top and I can't stop!
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    First thing I do every morning is log in a glass or two of wine then work the rest of my day around that.
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Cannot survive without my Pinot! I log it under "naughty drinks," but nothing naughty about a little vino! :wink:
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Just for the record, I also start my Friday morning by putting my wine in and then planning the rest of my meals around it. :wink:

That is such a great idea! I love my wine and have almost entirely cut it out of my life to lose weight. Once in awhile I will take a "day off" from my diet; I don't go wild on those days, but I allow myself two - three glasses without guilt.

I love love love the idea of entering the wine first and working around it. With that strategy, I may be able to get wine back into my life more often!
  • ltosoni
    ltosoni Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Me for sure, can't have a dinner without it! Glad I'm not the only wino on MFP!