Your FAVE Book?

Options

Replies

• katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    If you like mysteries, my favorite author for them is **** Francis. My favorite **** Francis book is "Hot Money".
    He was a jockey and all his books have a horse factor somewhere.

Ha, they deleted his first name! It's short for Richard....
  • 0namission
    Options
    Go To Goodreads.com ITS An amazing site lots of reviews on books everybook you can think of and it even splits all of it up into categories! I love that site
  • Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    Options
    The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    The Art of Racing in the Rain, and Water for Elephants. Both are amazing!
  • DizzieLizzie779
    Options
    Well, I just finished The Hunger Games series and it was awesome!! Very easy to read, very hard to put down. It's a trilogy and each book only took me a couple days to read. Awesome!!
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    For me it would be a toss up between, Brave New World by Aldous Huxley a remarkably insightful book about the future written in the late 20's early 30's &

The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet about thre generations(& local community) of a Stone masons family set in the middle ages, historical, gripping & emotive, brilliant!

Russ
  • morningsun3112
    morningsun3112 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The Stephine Plum series by Janet Evanovich. There are 18 books, the first one is One for the Money. These books are very funny and hard to put down!!!!
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoos trilogy - Stieg Larsson
    Swan Song - Robert Mccammon

Happy reading! :flowerforyou:
  • dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    I read authors rather than specific books. Right now I am reading my way through Frank Delaney ... he writes mostly about Ireland.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I LOVE READING!~ I just got Darkness Visible, but I don't think that's for everyone. I lead a lot of non-fiction lately such as Biographies and Autobiographies. Just read Lust for Life and Charlie Chaplin's Autobiography. Also love the book Night (short read). I have read the Hunger Games (I read the first one at least 5 years ago) and I was hooked. I read it on a plane as well ;)
  • valorieflowers
    Options
    Seriously, Harry Potter. I have tried so many different types of novels and I can't find anything nearly as engrossing as these books! But, if you've read those, here are some others that were really good:

Huger Games
    The Time Traveler's Wife
    Odd Thomas
    Water for Elephants
    Girl with The Dragon Tatoo (starts off REALLY slow, but the series is really good)
  • jmessina205
    jmessina205 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    "The Help" was an AMAZING book!! I couldn't put the thing down! !

LOVE it!!!! Water For Elephants too!!!
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Try Ilona Andrews' series starring Kate Daniels (five books), or her "Edge Chronicles" -- both are good.
    The Harry Dresden novels by Jim Butcher.
    If you like cozier fiction, try "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" by MA Shaffer
    or, how about fiction on changing your life through exercise/diet? An oldie but goodie -- "Jeminia J" by Jane Green, or
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    So, I'm adamantly opposed to any books-turned-trends.

I second The Great Gatsby reference, as Fitzgerald is one of the best writers who ever lived. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn is another, and everyone should read Cancer Ward.

On a lighter note, I've read The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank at least four times and it's an absolute hoot. And if you haven't read it, Audrey Niffenegger's The Time Traveler's Wife is enthralling and beautiful.
  • TheUnwritten
    TheUnwritten Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Recently I really enjoyed The Road by Cormac McCarthy.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Kafka On The Shore - Haruki Murakami
    All The Names - Jose Saramago
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I enjoy classic reading. Especially early 18th century. CRIME AND PUNISHMENT and THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO are two of my faves.
  • twentytwobecky
    twentytwobecky Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The Belgariad series or the Malloreon series by David Eddings. I first read these books when I was in high school and I have re-read them every year since.
    Similar to JRR Tolkein, but much more positive and hopeful.
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I find it impossible to have a favorite, but here are some that I've enjoyed intensely and will read again and again:

The Chronicles of Narnia, by C.S. Lewis - Bk. 1: Magician's Nephew (7 book series)

The Belisarius Series, by Eric Flint & David Drake - Vol. 1: Thunder at Dawn (2 books per volume; 3 volume/6 book series)

The Honor Harrington Series, by David Weber - Bk. 1: On Basilisk Station (12+ book series)

The Safehold Series, by David Weber - Bk. 1: Off Armageddon Reef (5 books in the series so far)

The Hollow Kingdom Series, by Clare Dunkle - Bk. 1: The Hollow Kingdom (3 book series)

The Enchanted Forest Chronicles, by Patricia C. Wrede - Bk. 1: Dealing with Dragons (4 book series)

The Redwall Series, by Brian Jacques - Bk. 1: Mossflower or Redwall (15+ book series, no particular order)

The Discworld Series, by Terry Pratchett - Bk. 1: Mort (15+ book series; some are mini-arcs, others stand alone)

And then some stand alones:

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

Star Trek: Uhura's Song by Janet Kagan (I literally read this 3-4 times a year.)

Ship of Gold in the Deep Blue Sea by Gary Kinder (The only non-fiction book on the list!)

I know there's more, but these are series and could keep you going for....well, years for me at least. ^_^