Freakin Ticked Off

Options
I'm at my quitting point. I've been working out like a mad woman and I've done nothing but gain weight. What bothers me is that I dont do strength training. It's all been cardio. You can't tell me that working out 70min/day 5-6days/week doing nothing but cardio is going to cause you to gain weight. Please Please Please enlighten me if you have any idea or suggestions. It's been 2 months & 4 days on my weightloss journey and I'm at week 6 of seeing no weight loss.

Replies

• craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Your ticker shows an 11lb loss!

Are you tracking your food? that would seem the most obvious place to start.
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You haven't logging for food for a while so can't speak to recent events. When I looked back far enough to finding some logging in your diary, calories looked OK but your sodium was sometimes double or triple what was identified as goal. The goal for sodium was a bit low unless you have some kind of problem but even then you are eating than the standard 2500 of sodium. And yes, it will prevent you from losing weight. I'd advise, tracking more consistently. Look at your macros and adjustment as appropriate. And watch the salt!
  • aimeerocksx3
    Options
    I have been dieting and working out since the first of the year. I haven't lost anything, and it's okay. Eating healthier and physically feeling better is why I'm tracking my calories and going to the gym, not to see the numbers plumet on the scale.

Maybe you're gaining weight because you're gaining muscle!

One last thing. I just got a heart rate monitor yesterday. It tells you, based off of the settings on the monitor, if you're in the fat burning zone or the fitness zone. It's my understanding that while in the fat burning zone, you'll lose fat, i.e. the numbers on the scale will go down. And while in the fitness zone, you're improving your cardiovascular system, adding muscles, etc. So, consequently, the numbers on the scale won't go down. I was on the treadmill yesterday, doing a running/walking combo, and I was in the fitness zone. Based off of how hard I've seen you work (from your diary), I'm assuming you were in the fitness zone too. That would explain why you aren't seeing the numbers drop.

Don't give up!!
  • aimeerocksx3
    Options
    tumblr_m08a4xYM5w1rq65sso1_500.jpg

tumblr_lzldx7o4IU1r662xwo1_500.png

photo-6.jpg

390667_2518184270699_1136010161_32181439_1173562320_n.jpg
  • JMarigold
    JMarigold Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Looking back you may be eating too little. I've been reading we shouldn't create more than a 1000 calorie deficit each day and even then we shouldn't create a 1000 calorie deficit too many days in a row. I'm guessing MFP has estimated your daily calories burned to be 2000 right now (if you are sedentary) so that means if you burn 526 calories exercising then you'd have to eat at least 1526 calories to get it to be just a 1000 calorie deficit. If you burn 1000 calories exercising, like you did yesterday, you would want to eat at least 2000 calories.

I just know this is the stuff I've been reading.

Yesterday I went off my plan on calories (ate 2400, but I still created a 250 calorie deficit) BUT my BIGGEST problem is my sodium. Yesterday I seriously went off the deep end and consumed almost 6000. So I didn't step on the scale this morning. I plan on having a nice low sodium day and drinking tons of water.

So how about water? Last week I quit drinking diet soda and started drinking a ton of water and I dropped 5 pounds of water weight in a few days.