Weird Food Combinations

Options

Replies

• nursestewart
    nursestewart Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on waffles, biscuits, pancakes.
    Dill pickle chips dipped in mustard.
    Regular chips dipped into mustard and consumed with a slice of cheese and a dill pickle.
    Peanut butter, bacon and marshmallow fluff sandwich.
    BBQ sacue eaten in place of everything you would put ketchup on.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Fish Fingers and Custard. Yes, together.
    They actually are quite tasty together. The boys and I had to try it after we saw that episode.

Others:
    Bananas and peanut butter wrapped in lettuce
    cheese (cheddar or American) with mustard on it
    tuna salad made with tuna, salsa, chopped grapes and raisins
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, we'd get soft-serve ice cream cones which we would dip in popcorn, which we'd lick off. This was a summer treat only, which we had after an afternoon at the swimming pool.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    When I ate tons of junk food...my all-time favorite would be...

Nacho Cheese Doritos with cream cheese. Drool.
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Avocado and peanut butter
    =) yum

I have never had an avocado in my life!

Oh they are soooo good! I found you can use it in almost anything! =) Or atleast i do :blushing:
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Regular chips dipped into mustard and consumed with a slice of cheese and a dill pickle.

Are those dill pickle chips any good? I keep seeing them but never buy them..
  • FitLink
    Options
    When I worked in McDonalds during my university years it was common for staff to use caramel as a dip for fries. True story.

I have cousins who owned a bakery. The frosting for wedding cakes is great as a dip for potato chips.
  • Salamanda425
    Options
    My favorite night time snack is Saltine crackers topped with mustard and shredded cheese!
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    Pickles and cream cheese :)
  • coliema
    Options
    Avocado and peanut butter
    =) yum

I have never had an avocado in my life!

Oh they are soooo good! I found you can use it in almost anything! =) Or atleast i do :blushing:

I think I tried guacamole once and didn't like it, I think that's why I steered clear of avacados!
  • FitLink
    Options
    My fiances grandparents eat sharp cheddar with their apple pie....anyone else ever do that? I was never brave enough to try it!

yes, and it is very good, but I eat cheddar with fresh apples as well

Cheddar with apple pie or apples is a classically American dish. When I was young all restaurants that served apple pie served it with cheddar cheese.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    lowfat cream cheese on whole wheat toast drizzled with Bronco Bob's Roasted Mango Chipotle Sauce...mmmmm
  • FitLink
    Options
    I like to put ketchup on chocolate cake... especially the kind with thick chocolate frosting. OMG I'm so disgusting. And I like to drink orange juice when I eat eggrolls. I put mustard on my popcorn. I make peanut butter, maple syrup and raisin sandwiches. Let's see...... oh I also like to eat my salad inside of a dinner roll. Poke a hole in the side of the roll and take all the fluffy middle out until it's just a shell then fill it with chopped, dressed salad. I think that's just laziness so I don't have to use a fork LOL

I'm just trying to figure out how digging the inside out of a roll and stuffing dressed lettuce inside it would be easier than using a fork... Can't get my brain wrapped around it...
  • FitLink
    Options
    I dip my grilled cheese in tomato soup, ever try that?!

Nothing weird about that. It's a classic comfort food combo listed on every site about comfort foods.
  • coliema
    Options
    I dip my grilled cheese in tomato soup, ever try that?!

Nothing weird about that. It's a classic comfort food combo listed on every site about comfort foods.

Very true, I guess it's weird for me because my fiance and his family have never heard of it and they won't try it!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Eggs and soy sauce thanks to Lucky Star. Before that though, I did like having carbonation with eggs, so I would drink ginger ale with them.

Also, sharp cheese and red grapes. Delicious.
  • nursestewart
    nursestewart Posts: 229 Member
    Options

Are those dill pickle chips any good? I keep seeing them but never buy them..

Dill pickle chips are the best thing in the entire world. If you do not like salt and vinegar chips you will prob not like them.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Never tried the cheddar cheese and pancake combo.

Something common in my neck of the woods, chili with peanut butter sandwiches. Yum!

Haven't tried either, but I like peanut butter w/ cheddar sandwiches.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Hot sauce on Popcorn and Cold Ketchup on Hot Mac n Cheese.
    Onions in and on everything!
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I also see a lot of people eating fruit with their cottage cheese, I'm too scared to try it!

I prefer a pound of pepper on my cottage cheese :)

Cottage cheese w/ fruit seems common (especially the packaged peaches in syrup). Personally, I like cottage cheese w/ salsa.