Making better choices.....

I am finely feeling better and I am going bumming today after my nail appointment. I usually like to eat my lunch at home where I can control what I am putting in my mouth. Well today I'm not sure where I silk be at lunchtime so originally I had plugged in a subway for lunch, but I cant get past the sodium count in one 6" sub. And since my dinner I planned is lower in calories but a little high in sodium I decided to pack my lunch and just bring it with me!!!

At first I asked my hubby do you think that is weird?? He was like Nope, I think it's a great idea!! So that is my plan tor today.

One of my MFP posted this morning about how are choices are completely up to us and I thought yes they are!!!

Have a great day everyone and remember we are all important, so take care of you first and the rest will follow!!

Replies

• jnagy9886
    jnagy9886 Posts: 48 Member
    Way to go!! One day I plan on packing my lunch so that I can finally avoid having to go to Subway or McDonalds for lunch!!
  • thershey
    thershey Posts: 57 Member
    I was way over my sodium on Saturday because I ate out for both lunch and dinner, I made smart choices calorie wise but the sodium was through the roof. No more of that, I will wait til I get home or pack something to take along with me.
    I have gotten my sodium back under control but I could tell and I did not lose this week but I stayed the same. I think it has a lot to do with my sodium intake last week. It was bad!!! I have started to watch that more with everything I put in my mouth at first I was just worried about my calories but now I watch the sodium also.
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Thanks guys.......this site has made me so aware of the foods I was eating and what was in them. So eye opening!! :noway:
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    I am finely feeling better and I am going bumming today after my nail appointment. I usually like to eat my lunch at home where I can control what I am putting in my mouth. Well today I'm not sure where I silk be at lunchtime so originally I had plugged in a subway for lunch, but I cant get past the sodium count in one 6" sub. And since my dinner I planned is lower in calories but a little high in sodium I decided to pack my lunch and just bring it with me!!!

At first I asked my hubby do you think that is weird?? He was like Nope, I think it's a great idea!! So that is my plan tor today.

One of my MFP posted this morning about how are choices are completely up to us and I thought yes they are!!!

Have a great day everyone and remember we are all important, so take care of you first and the rest will follow!!

Well done for making that choice - I hope it made you feel good! I'm still getting that "yay I just made a great choice!" feeling every time I avoid something calorific that I would previously have stuffed, or each time I eat a healthy meal :)

On another note, I love that your autocorrect told us all that you are going bumming later - ooer! ;)