Projected Weight when you hit "complete" for the day ??

Options
Has anyone been at the weight that it says you'll be in 5 weeks if everyday is like today once you hit the complete for the day button after you log in all your info?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I never paid attention to it because every day is not like today. I don't strive to make my days identical. However, I set my goal to lose 1 pound a week, and I did, (averaged that over the long-term), and later changed it to lose 1/2 pound a week, which I did. So the site's calculations work, at least for me.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Its like a psychic, make enough predictions and one will be true! Seriously though, you would have to be consistent because it is "if every day were like today"
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    I never paid attention to it because every day is not like today. I don't strive to make my days identical. However, I set my goal to lose 1 pound a week, and I did, (averaged that over the long-term), and later changed it to lose 1/2 pound a week, which I did. So the site's calculations work, at least for me.

Ok thanks! Just needed to know that it's not like opening a fortune cookie.
  • kmacgera
    kmacgera Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    It's patently optimistic.
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    It's like a little glimpse of what you could weigh if you continued to eat the way you did for that day, it would be nice some days for it to happen, but I haven't ever kept track. We can only strive and hope for the best!
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I find it to be pretty accurate if I stick to my daily calories. I make a little note in the notes section at the bottom and type what it said. Then, I can go back 5 weeks previously and compare. Most of the time it was fairly accurate. :flowerforyou:
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    When I went five weeks into the future with Michael J. Fox I saw myself and I looked much thinner, but I cannot be sure that I was at the specific weight stated by MFP because the Morlocks attacked before we could get to the scale.
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Last week I started noting the weight on the calender to see if I can reach it. I suppose you really have to continuing eating they way you did that paritcular day. I think it seems like a fun little motivator.

In four weeks, I'll know if it works!
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I've never really paid much attention to it. Nor do I expect to really be where they say I could be. After all, we all have cheat days or lazy days. But I do find it to be motivational. I see that number and something inside me just says, "I've gotta keep this up..."
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    i look at the number, and as long as every day its lower than the day before, i know my numbers are working for me - its all a big mathmatical equation - if energy burned is less than fuel in, it will use ur fat stores for fuel
  • dhencel
    dhencel Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I think it is MOTIVATION..... I want to weigh that number is 5 weeks.....
  • English1Mac
    English1Mac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't put a lot of emphasis on that number because every day is going to be different, but I do pay attention to it because it motivates me to keep tracking and keep doing what I should.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Admittedly, by the time that point comes around, I've forgotten what the estimation was 5 weeks ago.
  • fittyfittybumbum
    Options
    I don't believe that I've ever hit it...but it doesn't surprise me because I imagine this site only accounts for a few factors when making that calculation. For me it's kinda like hanging a steak in front of a dog's nose so they will keep chasing it. I keep chasing that number and slowly, but surely the weight and inches keep coming off.
  • Raiderxx
    Raiderxx Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else is saying, it is just an estimation based on that day. But not every day is the same.
  • cmayfield3
    cmayfield3 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    It has to be based on the site's calculation for your activity level etc... so if you have your deficit set to 1 pound/week, and you eat exactly the net calories MFP says you should have, your projected weight in 5 weeks is going to be 5 pounds less than today.

I don't find it useful at all for that reason. It's just a duplication of what MFP already does for you. Plus, I go by weekly averages--some days I'm over, some days I'm under. So on my "over" days it's pessimistic and on my "under" days it's optimistic. I wish I could turn the feature off frankly.
  • snacker127
    snacker127 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You too? LOL Thanks for the perspective :)
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    When I went five weeks into the future with Michael J. Fox I saw myself and I looked much thinner, but I cannot be sure that I was at the specific weight stated by MFP because the Morlocks attacked before we could get to the scale.

mwahahahah
  • lsirelan
    lsirelan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I would love for what it says to come true in 5 weeks. It's below my GW though.

15146268.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I don't think that little prediction is worth the font it is written in. It motivates me sometimes because I feel like I'm on the right track, but it is really useless.