heart rate monitor

Options
2»

Replies

• howie4four
    howie4four Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Okay, I missed the important step of hitting the start button. It showed no calories. I think maybe tonight I will get this right. Have you ever worn it all day just to see how many calories you burn ir a regular day? I would be curious to know that about myself.
  • trysha1231
    trysha1231 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I just got my MIO DRive yesterday and used it for the first time today. So far I like it! I wanted to try something without a chest strap and that I could wear as a watch as well. It calculated I burned about 400 cal for an hour work out, while MFP calculated me at 280+ for the workout. So now I am confused!
    I also chose it because it was better in my budget. Maybe I will save up for a Bodybugg or Polar in the future. We shall see.
  • howie4four
    howie4four Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I figured it out!! Ran this morning and it calculated my calories and beeped when my heart rate got above my high limit!!
  • whiplashpcw
    whiplashpcw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any good suggestions for a heart rate monitor? I keep looking on Amazon and for all of them with glaring reviews they are also filled with reviews of people that hated the same product. It drives me nuts and makes it so hard to pick a good one. HELP!!!

Agreed! I am so confused on what to get without spending a ton of money. Suggestions please?
    http://www.bodytronics.com/c/polar_heart_rate_monitors <~~great site, great prices, free shipping!

Polar FT7 or FT4 are both quite good prices on that site. I certainly can't get that price locally and with so many color choices.
    Just to reassure you, it's a good company that many on here have dealt with.

FT7 holds more data than the fT4 and FT7 has an additional piece you can purchase if you'd like to input all your info on line.

FT4 holds approx. 10 workouts, FT7 holds closer to 100,,. not to much else is different from what I've learned...

If anyone knows of other differences hopefully they speak up an let you know

Good Luck & Enjoy!

I SO understand your confusion it can be quite overwhelming since everyone has different choice. Got with your gut and you can't go wrong!:wink::flowerforyou:

ETA: :laugh: This ad came up on the right hand bar when I finished up this email (what perfect timing!!)

Here's c code you can use for BodyTronics site "Coupon Code: POPO Save 5% on Polar In Stock"

The code didn't work? Did it expire?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Okay, I missed the important step of hitting the start button. It showed no calories. I think maybe tonight I will get this right. Have you ever worn it all day just to see how many calories you burn ir a regular day? I would be curious to know that about myself.
    I've never worn it all day, but had it on for a good part of the day once or twice - not with the intention of tracking calories, was just running around and hadn't taken it off. I noticed at one point that it wasn't reading my heart rate - eventually the sweat dries and the sensors lose contact without that moisture. Plus, I've read that these types of monitors aren't meant for tracking all day anyway, and they wouldn't give an accurate read. I think for something like that you need a FitBit, Body Bugg or something of that sort.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any good suggestions for a heart rate monitor? I keep looking on Amazon and for all of them with glaring reviews they are also filled with reviews of people that hated the same product. It drives me nuts and makes it so hard to pick a good one. HELP!!!

Agreed! I am so confused on what to get without spending a ton of money. Suggestions please?
    http://www.bodytronics.com/c/polar_heart_rate_monitors <~~great site, great prices, free shipping!

Polar FT7 or FT4 are both quite good prices on that site. I certainly can't get that price locally and with so many color choices.
    Just to reassure you, it's a good company that many on here have dealt with.

FT7 holds more data than the fT4 and FT7 has an additional piece you can purchase if you'd like to input all your info on line.

FT4 holds approx. 10 workouts, FT7 holds closer to 100,,. not to much else is different from what I've learned...

If anyone knows of other differences hopefully they speak up an let you know

Good Luck & Enjoy!

I SO understand your confusion it can be quite overwhelming since everyone has different choice. Got with your gut and you can't go wrong!:wink::flowerforyou:

ETA: :laugh: This ad came up on the right hand bar when I finished up this email (what perfect timing!!)

Here's c code you can use for BodyTronics site "Coupon Code: POPO Save 5% on Polar In Stock"

The code didn't work? Did it expire?
    Sorry I didn't see your question earlier, I just PM'd you in response. :flowerforyou:
  • RedMtnMama
    Options
    I can't get the HR part set and it is frustration. I have the date, time etc done but I already have a watch!