My DELEATED post from yesterday just because I thanked a cer

Options

Replies

• Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    sneaks in - - - i find that rants generally work better if you don't stress a misspelled word over and over again (deleted) - - - sneaks out

Why bother reading the thread then? He is actually talking about people like YOU! Constantly negative and rude.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    You thanked Jesus and they deleted the post? That is what I am getting based on this posts to this topic. I wonder if they would do that to any religious figure or if it is just Jesus. Let me read the guidelines so I can edit.

Okay, I read the guidelines. I don't think they apply, but here are two that could be interpreted to apply to that type of post:

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals
    No derogatory references to sex, gender, ethnicity, religions, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums
    Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I cant help it. You just seem to be everywhere being rude.

You will learn that this is pretty normal. Its a whole "crew"

no-haz-minions-5j6ume.jpg
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    This is why both the extreme left and right are bad.

Extreme right forces the expression of religion on everyone else.
    Extreme left suppresses the expression of religion from everyone.

Why not just let the religious be religious, and let the non-religious be non-religious?
  • MissAlexxMarie
    Options
    You just keep on doing awesome work!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Just thought that I would share with the MFP community and staff, since I know that they are reading this along with every other post that is on here, you won't have to worry about me EVER posting on here again. I was unaware of the guidelines when I posted yesterday that I thanked a certain someone and I won't mention it because I will just get deleated again. I have seen things on here that are way more disgusting, offensive, and rude and I don't like it, but I ignore it. So thanks MFP for deleating a post that talked about how great I felt after losing 15 lbs. in 5 weeks, I did feel great but not now. Oh and by the way, I had no idea there were guidelines and if I would have known, I would have read them, but I thank one person and I get deleated but yet people post RUDE jokes and talk about their sexualility openly and other things but yet that's okay. I will just find another way to share with others about my success.

I am not a super religious person, but I have no issue with people thanking whatever higher power they believe in. Congrats to you for your loss. 15 pounds in 5 weeks is great!
  • Smiler106
    Smiler106 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Oh and by the way, I had no idea there were guidelines and if I would have known, I would have read them, but I thank one person and I get deleated but yet people post RUDE jokes and talk about their sexualility openly and other things but yet that's okay.

You imply that it is distasteful for anybody to talk about their sexuality openly.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the world we live in today demands 100% acceptance and tolerance of all beliefs and lifestyles. However, that world also refuses to accept and tolerate those who do not think as openly as them. The internet is the absolute worst proof of that, because people can easily hide behind a keyboard and a screenname.

It's funny how the ones demanding 100% tolerance are usually the most intolerant.

I too am a Christian.

In HIM we live and move and have our being.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I cant help it. You just seem to be everywhere being rude.

You will learn that this is pretty normal. Its a whole "crew"

no-haz-minions-5j6ume.jpg

Love that pic....lemmings lol
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Well, just like some people don't want to read about sex and cuss words (which also end up getting deleted), I don't want to read about people thanking fictional beings. So either they need to allow it all or remove it all. MFP has decided to remove it all...you can't complain. Why should some things be censored and not others? You can't have your cake and eat it too ya know!
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    If religion is banned on MFP, then are they going to delete my head cause its covered :P? Jesus never hurt anyone, why can't we talk about him?
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I'm not trying to be rude here, but getting worked up over a single post deletion is, well, ridiculous. Yes your post was deleted for a reason I even find puzzling, but if the forum administration have a rule against it, there's not much to be done. You can either accept it and move on or be bitter, but considering this is the internet the latter option isn't really an option. As for the lewd posts, if they bother you, report them. We're all adults here. Well, mostly adults.

I've had posts removed from other forums simply because I directed a thread to the correct forum section, because I'm blunt and hurt someone's feelings, and several times on one had the same post removed 4 times because the owner of the site and forum disliked me over a misunderstanding. It happens. Places have rules, they have certain subjects you can't breach not because they want to stifle you, but because they tend to cause unnecessary uproars from others. Plenty of forums don't allow religion talk because people get offended, feel the need to bash the religion, or whatever else and it's not worth it.

If you know which staff member deleted the post then I would contact them and ask them, civilly, exactly to what extent can you express your religion without it being against the rules. That way you can continue on without feeling persecution and there won't be a repeat of it.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I don't know what post is being discussed here, so I can't really comment on whether it 'should' have been deleted or not. However, just wanted to throw this out there, posts that re-hash a post that was recently deleted tend to get deleted themselves. Best wishes, OP, and congrats on your success so far.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I thank the baby Jesus and his prophet Joe Bob Smith of the Mormon Tubercular Choir for personally designing MFP and keeping out the unbelievers and the heathens who would pollute my beautiful mind with their careless talk of butt-sex and coprophagia! I hereby swear to uphold the great and lordly ideals of this bastion of Allah by posting about only weightloss, fitness, exercise or jam, being nice-ily nice to all others despite their obvious flaws and by providing amusements to the faithful through your name of Jesus Christ the savior of the world. In the name of the hallowed ghost, i pray this. Amen.

Wow... How did this devolve to Mormon-Bashing? I assumed that he was an Evangelical Christian, not LDS.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    The problem is that people can't act like adults and actually encourage one another instead of bringing them down. I guess it helps some people feel better about themeselves to make rude comments and bully someone about something.
    Is that the problem? Or is it that people don't read and follow the guidelines of the site? New people have no idea what this site was like before. There are groups you are join to talk about anything and everything under the sun. Before EVERY topic was banned and always resulted in fighting with people who don't believe and agree. Just follow the rules and we can all have what we want.
    Unless what you want is to do your own thing - then you should probably start your own website.
  • skinnyjeansdiva
    Options
    If you go to the search feature here under the fourms and type in God, Jesus, saviour, etc. you will find so many posts that were not deleted as well as many scriptures ppl have posted! interesting very!
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm an atheist and I think MFP deleting a thread because you thanked your own personal source of inspiration is really dumb.

I agree. See, we're not all (or not even slightly) bad people.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Wait, what?
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Yeah, what if I thanked L Ron Hubbard, Krishna, Buddha, John the Baptist, or Tom Cruise? would that be deleted?
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Just FYI to the OP... there are many groups that have to to with specific religions - this may be where you can turn to post/talk freely about Jesus or anything else and you will meet more like minded people in the proccess without worrying about being deleted or anything.

I am not religious - in any way shape or form and I am not coming down on you for it at all, i think it is great that you have found a source of insperation that helps motivate you to better health. Please do not let one deletion make you turn away from that. Congratulations on your 15 pounds, and I wish you continued success.
This discussion has been closed.