Low-Carb Dieters... a little help??

Options
I have been low-carbing since July 2011, with amazing results and a relatively satisfied diet. :)

I recently thought that aside from counting carbs, I should also count calories and fat, because once I started inputting my food on here, I realized the incredible amount of both that I consume... even with all the veggies/berries. (Trust me, I am a fanatic about doing this correctly. I can't stand both the bad rep low-carb gets plus the horrible way some people do this diet.)

That being said, I still love my meat and other snacks, of course, which is why this is the perfect diet for me.

I can't seem to find a website that specifically recommends how much fat, protein, and calories I should also be consuming daily. MFP recommends that if I consume 1600 calories and 60 carbs per day (15%), ((60 carbs is the most I am willing to up the ante to at this time)), I should also eat 180 g protein (45%) and 71 g fat (40%)... I don't even know if the protein and fat percentages are correct, but those numbers seem out of this world to me!!!

Any advice/success?

Replies

• kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    If you really want to keep your carbs at 15%, you could try fat at 45% and protein at 40%. It's just a small change but might seem more reasonable. I can see how it would be tough to get 180g of protein a day.. Honestly though, most people are going to tell you your carbs should be at least 30% or more, and I would agree with that.

Good luck!