Fruit weighing question--bananas, peaches, oranges

I am curious.

So, if I weigh a fruit such as a banana or an orange, will the weight I get correspond with MFP's 100 g count for the fruit's unpeeled weight or peeled weight? For example, if I unpeel an orange and weigh it, will the weight I log be legit and correct for calories? Or does MFP's weight include the peel?

The same would apply to banana peels and peach pits.

Replies

• Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    I am curious.

So, if I weigh a fruit such as a banana or an orange, will the weight I get correspond with MFP's 100 g count for the fruit's unpeeled weight or peeled weight? For example, if I unpeel an orange and weigh it, will the weight I log be legit and correct for calories? Or does MFP's weight include the peel?

• tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    I am curious.

*blinks* Never thought about it before, but I would guess if there is an option for 'unpeeled' the rest would mean 'peeled'...... I think........ :huh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    I found the calories per ounce for bananas and added that option a long time ago. I peel it and weigh it.

The rest I usually go by size. One plum, medium sized apple, etc.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    there are several banana entries based on length :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: