Using the machines at the gym....

Options
I only know how to use a few of the machines at the gym. I'd love if someone could give me some pointers as to which machines I should use. ( I am not ready for free weights just yet. I need to stay off a bum ankle ) If you tell me which types of machines I should be using, I will google them.

I will hopefully get a trainer through the gym, but I'm a serious weenie and have phobia's about talking to strangers.

Replies

• stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    You really need to talk to a member of staff at the gym to be shown how to use them so you don't do it wrong. Be brave :flowerforyou:
  • Massageu2
    Massageu2 Posts: 59
    Options
    I agree, Talk to the gym staff and have them give you a tour and instructions on the machines. That is what they are there for. Get out of your comfort zone and talk to strangers! Remember, strangers are simply friends that you haven't met yet.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    The best time to try new machines is on a weekend night, when no one else is there so you feel free to use everything and dink around. As lame as it is, I found that Saturday night was the best time to try out new machines with no judgement!