crispy........whatever

muzmacol
muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
Does anyone know how to make the crispy part of chicken/pork etc and do it relatively healthly? It would be a treat on occasions but nice if a liitle bit healthier.

Replies

• Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Have you tried Panko Bread Crumbs? you can season them with whatever spices you want (garlic, ranch, etc). They're bigger than regular bread crumbs, so it makes it seem more crispy.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Have you tried Panko Bread Crumbs? you can season them with whatever spices you want (garlic, ranch, etc). They're bigger than regular bread crumbs, so it makes it seem more crispy.

You beat me to it! Panko bread crumbs are great for most "fried" like things.
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    No not tried those thankyou i'll give them a go!
  • beefunk
    beefunk Posts: 52 Member
    I have tried Fiber One Original cereal...crushed up with some added spices.... yummy !
  • chiera88
    chiera88 Posts: 155
    bump
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    In a high end Chinese restaurant in Hong Kong, we tried Almond Crusted Chickn - it was simply amazing! I googled recipes and found it come up in plenty of weight loss/healthy eating forums... I haven't tried it myself yet so I can't recommend a recipe but it might be worthwhile doing your own research for that healthy crunch! :)
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Panko bread crumbs. It gives us our fried chicken fix and it tastes amazing!
  • renstwin
    renstwin Posts: 66 Member
    I like Shake N Bake, Extra Crispy. Just coat it in the bag and stick it in the oven.
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    I have tried the Fiber One cereal as a coating and it was a no go.