Normally...I would have given up by now

megan145
megan145 Posts: 67
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
Normally by this time I would have given up and gone back to my bad eating habits and less than active lifestyle. I get really frustrated when I don't see daily progress. *sigh* and the last two days I've really had my doubts (today has been very bad...I ate well...and did a quick morning jog before work...but....I feel worn and I don't know why). I don't want to give up....I'm not going to give up. I'll never reach my goal if I just continue to give up and I'll never be happy with myself. I guess I'm just being impatient and I need to calm down. *deep breath*

I've just felt so tired all day today....

Replies

• megan145
    Normally by this time I would have given up and gone back to my bad eating habits and less than active lifestyle. I get really frustrated when I don't see daily progress. *sigh* and the last two days I've really had my doubts (today has been very bad...I ate well...and did a quick morning jog before work...but....I feel worn and I don't know why). I don't want to give up....I'm not going to give up. I'll never reach my goal if I just continue to give up and I'll never be happy with myself. I guess I'm just being impatient and I need to calm down. *deep breath*

I've just felt so tired all day today....
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Way to go to stick with it. Keep it up :smile:.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Don't give up the ship just yet. Make sure you are getting enough protein. and "good carbs:" ( veggies, fruits, whole grains) That will help keep your blood sugar from spiking and dropping, which can make you feel dragged out.

If you are just getting into being more active, maybe walking is a better option than jogging. Walking is much easier on your joints than jogging, and you can still burn calories walking--just check the exercise database.

I walked 6 miles today in 2 hours. 3 mph is 1 mile every 20 minutes. I am not in exceptional shape. I am a female couch potato in my mid-fifties, with about 120 lbs. to lose.

I find after a walk of 4 -6 miles I am not tired, and it takes several hours before I really feel hungry. The secret is I eat protein just before starting and keep myself hydrated.

You CAN do this..Give your body a chance to adjust
  • megan145
    thanks guy :ohwell:

I reviewed my food journal and it looks like I haven't been getting nearly enough protein this last week...and I know I haven't been getting the right amount of fresh fruits and veggies. That could be my major problem.

I just did 55 minutes of Billy Blanks Ultimate Bootcamp....kicked my butt! lol Now it's time for bed. I have to be up in 6 hours to get ready for work :tongue:
  • megan145
    lol my friend John emailed me and said "stop whining and go workout!" lol nice kick in the pants!
This discussion has been closed.