Scales

Options
Hey everyone!

I really need some advice. I'm looking into buying a new scale for myself. The one in my parents house is completely unreliable. It likes to change my weight within the span of five minutes, which is extremely frustrating. Does anyone have suggestions for a good brand or model that I should invest in?

Replies

• grumpy2day
    grumpy2day Posts: 212
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I really need some advice. I'm looking into buying a new scale for myself. The one in my parents house is completely unreliable. It likes to change my weight within the span of five minutes, which is extremely frustrating. Does anyone have suggestions for a good brand or model that I should invest in?

Mine has done that since day one but honey threw out packaging so I was unable to return it.
  • TieshTheGreat
    TieshTheGreat Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    One of the doctors I work for has a scale in his office. That is the one I use to weigh myself daily. He swears by this scale.

http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HBF-514C-Composition-Sensing-Monitor/dp/B0020MMCDE

I am looking for something cheaper to keep at home. After reading through the reviews of this scale and other scales around the same price, I plan on purchasing this one.

http://www.amazon.com/MIRA-Instant-Digital-Bathroom-lighted/dp/B005QSI8A0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I28JMUH6INVXD6&colid=7IUGM4CJPXC6

Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Check out the Withings scales. I have found that the vary on a couple consecutive step-on's a lot less than the ones I have had bought in the past (Tanita, WW, etc). And you get the online tools and recording of the weights if you have a wireless network in your house.
  • tuppance
    tuppance Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I bit the bullet and bought new scales a fornight ago - the nasty evil things weigh me as 7lbs heavier than mine did!!!!!!

I have just carried on and am 'catching up' with what I thought I weighed (weigh in is tomorrow morning) so if I have lost weight it won't read as much loss as my origional scales would have done

I had to buy new - as the scales got stuck at 4 stone (56bls) - I know I will never be that light lol
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    This is the scale I use. It's really reliable and consistent. It also comes with a nice tape measure so that you can track your measurements too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KXZ808/ref=wms_ohs_product_img
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Your going to get answers all over the board here.

The most important thing in my opinion is consistency of the same scales. Digital are best, but even they can be "off a little given repeat visits". But usually no more than +/- 1b

If it really bothers you, get two scales. One digital and one not. Then average the two. Usually you can find sunbeam dial styles at walmart for like 10bucks. While they aren't as accurate as digital ounce-ounce they at least don't fluctuate as much.