New and looking for supportive friends :)

Options

Replies

• beauchamp4
    Options
    Hey,
    I just joined a few minutes because my sister told me this was a really good site to use. I need to lose some weight by June for nephews graduation and just so I can feel better about myself. I am looking for people to help motivate me and encourage me in the battle. Maybe even some suggestions on foods. I am pretty much like my mom and the carbs kill my weight. So if you have any suggestions on how to cut those out and the food still be good please let me know!! I just recently moved to a new state so I do know really have any connections made where I am located either so online buddies would be helpful right now!!

Tiffany
  • BeckyProctor
    BeckyProctor Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lost as well. Would love to have some new friends to share the journey.
  • boodlelibra
    boodlelibra Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I started in January and have a lot to lose as well - anyone feel free to add me!
  • milphog
    milphog Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have been onboard about two weeks and would wlcome anyone who would like to add me.
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Add me :D
  • Rocker912
    Rocker912 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just joined a few weeks ago, and would love to have some support as well! We can do this!
  • AutumnSkye10
    Options
    Hey! I'm fairly new here as well. I would love more non judgmental friends. I know that its hard for most people to 180 their diet AND add in more exercise all at once. Feel free to add me any of you guys!
  • KaideCarl
    Options
    New to and would love support doing a sponsored slim for work raising money for prostate cancer
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I've been here since november! Its a great site and with supportive friends, it makes the journey a little easier! add me if u would like! I too have over 50 lbs I would like to lose! GOOD LUCK!! :smile:
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I started this site 6 years ago, and lost a good amount of weight! I'm back again after having another child, and letting it creep back on. I am not judgy on the food and work outs, just keep it real and keep coming back and eventually you will get it! A good friend on here told me to Blog daily, just to get out your stress. The only friends who read it should be ones that give you positive feedback! Try it, seems to be working for me! I wish you lots of success and friend making!
  • jamiemh
    jamiemh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    add me :) more support the better!
  • onyx1972
    onyx1972 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.. Welcome to the MFP... you will love it... you will get some great ideas and some wonderful tips if you want/need them
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Add me! You can never have too much support!
  • MistelleD1
    MistelleD1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just joined a few days ago and hoping to connect with people for support and motivation. I would welcome anyone looking to add me :)
  • Qattusa
    Qattusa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm not new - but I am back after 6 months of being off ill. Please feel free to add me, I too could really benefit from a good network of supportive people! Thank you everyone! xxx
  • GretchenB1369
    GretchenB1369 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been so off & on over the last several months, but honesly, I know tracking my food is one of the most important weight-loss tools for me. I like this website and everyone seems genuine. :) I wish you lots of success! :):)
  • cherylastone1
    cherylastone1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new (less than 2 weeks) and have a lot to lose, too. I am NOT a judger - I am too busy judging my own self! LOL! Would love to help you out with words of encouragement!
  • MamaSonyaP
    MamaSonyaP Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Add me! MamaSonyaP...I only take happy people ;) If you live close, lets walk! I'll only give good vibes, I'm not a judger but I will encourage you! I joined last month and I've lost 13lbs so far (have a way to go), but I have a very supportive friends network. You can make comments on my diary, as I hope that I can make to you. Something like 'Great choices today!', 'Way to go, girl!". As Buddha said, 'Discipline teaches some, encouragement teaches more'.
  • sharotho
    sharotho Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Cheryl! I am fairly new as well, I started the first of January. I love the program! I promise not to judge. I still have a lot to go as well. I had gastric bypass surgery 11 years ago and have regained 60 lbs. I have been trying to get ahold of it before it got any worse. I have lost 17lbs so far.

We can encourage each other!
    Welcome!
    Sharon
  • kerrphy_2011
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! I too have a high number of pounds to lose. I will not judge, but I will offer encouragment! Feel free to add me!