Running - BEET RED FACE

Options
When I run my face turns bright red! I wear a HRM and I'm at about 80% and recover very quick, it seems to be my body temperature but even happened when I ran a 5k in November with around 45 degree weather! Am I alone and why does this happen?

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    It happens to me too! It can be annoying, but isn't really a concern for me.
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'm one of them. Although I'm not in the best shape I've ever been in, there was a time when I ran 8 miles under and hour and I still was beet red, I have one other friend this happens to as well. I think it is just they way some of us are.
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Every exercise I do causes my face to turn beet red, all my life! I'm very fair so I just attribute it to that.
  • Loseweight1980
    Options
    I turn red within 5 minutes of starting running, and it usually doesn't go away for hours after, it's just normal for some people. Do you blush easily?
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    LOL me too. It is of course worse for me in the summer but it does happen in cooler weather too. It was 48 yesterday and when I got back home my face was beet red. It happens to my sister too. I really don't think there is anything I can do about it.

I blush very, very easily too. Annoyingly easy.

I also get red face when I'm laughing too. It's ridiculous.

eta: I'm very fair skinned too.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Omg.. I always wondered if it was normal or not? I turn beet red pretty fast too once im red faced it will last all through an entire session of working out. It also takes a long time before I start to sweat but when I finally do its not ever that much. does anyone know if that will aid in SLOW weight loss? I havent lost ne weight yet and I workout 5-6days a wk! but I was allowing wayyyy too many cheat days which turned into cheat wkends for the entire month since I started.
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Same here~ I get it and so do both of my sisters. My brother doesn't. We all played soccer growing up and we used to get the "OMG your face is SOOO red. Are you okay? Do you need to sit down etc etc..." all the time! Skinny or fat I've always had it so I'm guessing it'll never go away. But rest assured, you are not alone!
    :happy: <--my regular face :mad: <---my face after intense workout! lol
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Same for me and always has been..I have actually had people tell me I went too heavy on the blusher..when I wasn't wearing any!
  • mbw2586
    mbw2586 Posts: 88
    Options
    I just looked this up last night after finishing a walk/run. My face not only gets red, but tingly hot as well.

Annoying, because people stare at me as if I might hit the floor any second, but otherwise seems to be pretty common!
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Happens to me. Fair skin? LOL my boyfriend says its cause I'm white |:
  • NicolettetheGreek
    NicolettetheGreek Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    .......... I havent lost ne weight yet and I workout 5-6days a wk! but I was allowing wayyyy too many cheat days which turned into cheat wkends for the entire month since I started.

Well, I let that happen for 7 weeks and gained back 7 hard lost pounds. Stop. STOP NOW!! I only say this because you really have to change your mindset if you seriously want to lose weight.

I am on my way back down now, but that means saying No to cheating.

Good Luck.:bigsmile:
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    You would be a good beacon to other runners when going through a fog bank!
    I get all red-faced too....
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I don't just turn red, I turn fire-engine redder-than-my-own-hair colors. And I sweat buckets. I blame my father for this, because he was exactly the same way. However, as time has moved on, I've come to just see it as my body's way of being very efficient at dispersing heat out of my face. People who don't turn red just aren't as efficient as I am. For real.
  • alina726
    alina726 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It happens to me all the time (my 5 year old's face does the same thing!). It even happens when I'm doing aerobics. I was in a class one time and the instructor stopped the class to make sure I was ok. Yeah, that was fun!
  • KatesBadAss
    KatesBadAss Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Same here!! People look at me with great concern at the gym after I finish running.....I don't even care about it anymore.
  • feisma
    feisma Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way...always attributed it to the fair Irish skin fueled by a raging Spanish temper :explode:
  • NicolettetheGreek
    NicolettetheGreek Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You are not alone!! I can get beet red faced with any exercise..really embarrassing. But, i am fair skinned too, and obese, so trying on clothes makes my face beet red.:mad:
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    This happens to me too! Anytime I workout. I asked my derm about it once, she said it's due to fair skin and lot's of blood vessels. I once had a spinning coach ask me if I was OK... :)
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    It happens to me, too. I wonder how many other characteristics we have in common. If you like, would you answer the following?

Are you a "furnace" - for example, do you feel so hot when you sleep you kick the covers off?
    Once you begin sweating, do you sweat long after the workout is done?
    Have you ever had heat exhaustion or heat stroke?
    Is your hair very thick?

I've been trying to find others who turn super-red in the face for a long time, wondering if we have these things in common!
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    Happens to me too. I feel like it's an overheating thing. I blush really easily too, and my mom has rosatia so I think I come by it naturally.