Cold Stomach = Burning Fat: Myth or Truth?

2»

Replies

• Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    :huh:
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    I've heard this is true as well...but on your whole body...and I've noticed it. After i get my heart rate really going I'll sweat and get really hot, and then I get this "clamy" feeling; sweaty, but cool to the touch. Mostly on my legs. Never really groped my belly when I was working out though ahha.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    This is pretty much nonsense, also, this thread is 8 months old. :drinker:
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member

lolzzzzzz..Ken, come here..I'm going to rub your belly and make a wish.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member

Now you tell me! I just went out and bought an ice pack to strap to my gut...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member

Oh bollox - I hate it when that happens.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Worrying about how much fat you're burning while doing cardio is like worrying about how much muscle your building while lifting weights.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    I don't recall my stomach ever feeling cold while working out. This must be why I'm not losing weight!
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Whenever I played sports like volleyball or did extremely intense workouts, my stomach would be very cold, like ice almost. I have no idea what it was and then someone told me that it means I was burning calories, I sure as hell was burning calories, but I don't know about fat.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    I've read that cold applied to areas where the body's brown fat is stored will increase metabolism, but that is on the neck, shoulders and chest. Not the stomach. There is some scientific evidence to support cold exposure and brown fat activation.

However, if you stomach feels cold to the touch (maybe the rest of your torso, too?) it is likely because you are sweating from exertion and as your sweat evaporates it cools the skin temperature. In that case, yes, you are burning calories!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    a double zombie thread!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    OMG! Die, zombie thread, DIE!!!! :angry:
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    I'm sorry, I'm strangely compelled to hold my Talenti pint to my stomach when I eat it now. For the lolz