Vacation Shopping = How Do YOU?

Options
I'm a total denial junkie....

I denied that I gained weight and I denied how I got there.. My mirror smiles back at me and never makes me admit how much I have gained. yes, I know, I am weird like that... --- Don't get me wrong, Now, I've faced up to it, mostly with the help of my scale and lack of clothing that actually fits BUT TRUTH IS... my mirror lies to me!

So, I'm working out, doing all the right things and the scale keeps me honest and working my program. I'm happy to say I have lost 12 pounds and keep at it hard and heavy. I have 40 more pounds to lose! Still I feel good about heading in the right direction!

Now, I'm headed out on vacation and with still nothing to wear so I had to go shopping.. i grabbed tons of clothes and hit the dressing room and was shocked! the DRESSING ROOM MIRROR does NOT LIE! It showed the bulges, the bumps, the things I hide so well at home.. I so prefer the mirror at home that lies to me!!

Yes, I know.. the clothing styles and sizes were to blame and not the mirror. But I want cute clothes... you know the kind that has a little open back or tailored front... I don't want to wear Moo Moos... really, I don't...

In the end, I found a couple of outfits I could pull off and a whole lot more motivation to KEEP WORKING THIS PROGRAM...

YEP, I will take my motivation any where I can find it.. I'm weird like that...

ps. I wasn't thinking enough to snap a few photos of the dresses I wanted vs how I looked in them to take home and post secretly in my house, but I WISH I would have! next time... unless of course, I can hold off shopping until I am back to my 'size'.. crossing fingers and toes for that one!

Replies

• hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    LOL. All mirrors outside your home lie to you! I am quite disgusted when I look in the mirror in my undies at a store. What the heck? I swear it is the lighting.