2.5 weeks into MFP and 8lbs lighter, so glad I found this ap

Options
MKloste
MKloste Posts: 56 Member
I am so glad a friend told me about this app and that I checked out the website for add'l resources! It's been a complete help! I started my journey at the end of Jan 2012 and started small, I cut out my daily Dr. Pepper which was a lot easier then It has been in the past and I decided not to eat out or fast food. If I had to eat out I would select healthiet options and not just whatever my heart desired. I also decided to take the stairs at work instead of the elevator since I work on the 6th floor and between when I started that and the time I started MFP which was a month later I did see some resulta but I had only lost 3lbs and then I joined MFP and started counting my calories and dusted off my workout DVDs and have started those 2x a week and just within the 2.5 weeks I have joined MFP and counting calories I havr lost a total of 8 lbs so I truely believe that its not just about exerice, but your diet as well. They say its 80% diet and 20% exercise and I can definitely understand that now. I have noticed my pants starting to fit loosier and my face is slowly starting to get slimmer. Its small things like these that make me want to keep pushing forward, to meet by goal weight I have 15 more lbs to lose and hopefully I can push that to 20 lbs. I got several new hezlthy recipes I cant wait to try.

Would like to add anybody that can help be inspirational and motivating as I feel like even 15lbs is so far away even thiugh I eas able to ose 8 fairly quickly. My goal is by the first part of May which might seem like I still have a long ways to go since thats only 2 months away!

Replies

• VictoriaFitness2010
    VictoriaFitness2010 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    So nice to meet you! That is awesome! Keep up the good work. I love this site!!! The members are very friendly and supportive.

We have similar stories...I've been a member of MFP since 2010; however, I recently recommitted to my fitness goals and have lost 7.3 pounds since the end of January 2012 and finished my first running event last weekend. It's amazing what your body can do with a little work and a lot of discipline.

I can't wait to hear more good news from you!

Best,

Victoria
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!