Dancing the weight off (Zumba, Just Dance, Dance Central)?!

Options
I absolutely LOVE dancing! I have both wii and xbox 360 KINECT I'm wondering if ONLY dancing and healthy dieting would produce great results. I plan on doing 2 hours a day but alternating games (zumba- mon, DC- tues, JD-wed and so on). Have any of MFPals successfully danced of the weight?

Replies

• LauraAkaTigger
    LauraAkaTigger Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    absolutely healty eating and dancing will do it!! i make sure not to jsut do the moves but put extra effort in and it works!!
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Yep. I danced off 72 with Zumba (and counting calories, obviously).
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    i didn't exclusively do Zumba but it definitely provides a serious calorie burn, pretty much on par with any other cardio program you could do at home.

In live classes I tend to have a higher burn than at home but it's still really good!
  • mykahlio1
    mykahlio1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    im right there with you . i have xbox kinect and my girls have dance central 1 and 2 and just dance 3 and i have zumba fitness. i just started but im trying to do 90 minutes a day . i also just ordered the grease game which has a dance section and country dance so i should be using both of those by the end of the month. im having to take a day off today because my knee is bugging me. stay away from teach me how to jerk or your a jerk on the dance central games unless you have really good strong knees, i did both yesterday along with the rest of my dancing and my knee has hurt since mid day yesterday . im going to the hot springs tommorrow so hopefully soaking it will also help. im glad to see someone else is doing the same type of routine im doing i thought i was the only one out here just dancing for exercise. best of luck to you:smile:
  • ashleyh1492
    ashleyh1492 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thank you all for your replies! I'm a dancing fanatic, while in middle and high school I i was on my schools dance teams. But when i hit college all dancing stopped and all the lbs showed up :noway: . I really cant see myself sticking to machines and walking for exercise (it kind of gets boring) so dancing is pretty much it. I too am also happy to find that others have danced the weight off, it only motivates me more to get back in the groove :laugh:
  • sysgirl2
    sysgirl2 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am doing Dance Central 2 on the Xbox 360 and it's working GREAT. I go until the game tells me "you've danced for 70 minutes" which is actual dancing time, not sitting in menus picking a song time. ;) After about three weeks of working out 5 times a week, I beat the game on "hard" and now I just made myself a few 50 minute long playlists so I don't have to go and pick songs one by one. I do the 20 minute warmup in fitness mode, then one of my playlists on hard. Afterwards there is 10 minutes of yoga and stretching and this is TOTALLY helping. I've never had calf muscles like this before! (can you tell I'm excited?) :)

My friend has the Just Dance game for the Wii, but I find it's almost impossible to keep up, and it doesn't matter if you learn the moves or not. I prefer Dance Central because it actually teaches you the moves and gives you difficulty levels.