girl scout cookies

Options
2»

Replies

• 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I haven't received my order yet, but when they come I know I'll be in trouble. The only good thing I have going for me is that the boxes keep getting smaller and smaller.
  • angelsolo3
    Options
    That is great! It's so hard not to eat them with boxes lying around. My husband just had 7 boxes delivered to our house (4 thin mints and 3 samoas). I'm trying to watch what I eat and he isn't.

I know that I can't resist them so I've been putting one or two thin mints (40 cals each) in a chocolate protein shake in the morning. That way I am enjoying them in moderation and making my shakes taste better. Mmmmm.
  • Alycra
    Alycra Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If you ever have to store the troops cookies at your house (cases and cases of them) then they just aren't that tempting after awhile. :) I love GS Cookies, don't get me wrong. But just seeing them does nothing for tempting me. :)
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    That is a NSV for you then! Great job, you have more will power than me. I got a box of somas and I was surprised that I was able to stretch the box out for about a week, lol. Keep hope alive!
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    I actually ate a whole box of Samoa's in one sitting the day before I joined mfp lol

Yes, its a great NSV... I so could eat a whole box of Samoa's. They are my weakness. Evil Girl Scout cookies!!!:devil:
  • HittingHerStride
    Options
    I kept them at my office to make them easier to resist, I gave some away, fewer for me to eat, I did have 4 day :(
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I only had two - 140calories holy shiznit, I am not even sure it was worth it. BTW Caramel Delights

Nooo Caramel Delightssss AHHHHHHHHH!!
    Those are the best!!!

I ordered 2 boxes, which are still at work and unopened after 2 weeks. I've tried to give them away twice, but no takers!! Seriously??? :ohwell:
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i got some the other day - 5 boxes, and sampled just 1-2 from each box. i think that is a victory. normally i would have eaten at least 3 of each!
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    yes it is an grreat job :) I ate a roll of Peanut butter cookies :mad: but that was beofre i got serious about what i was trying to do with this work out thing :happy:
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    It takes A LOT of willpower to just eat 2 girlscout cookies. I used to eat a sleeve at a time. Starting MFP, I don't think I can buy them anymore because I think once I have one, I'd just eat the whole thing.
  • mandysmom092711
    Options
    Yes! 2 cookies definitely count! I love the thin mints! But I can't get any because I would eat the entire box! Nice work!
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Samoas=crack

Nice job, OP!
  • napalm684
    napalm684 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ok I am new around here what is an NSV?

Also my wife bought two boxes of thin mints this year :-/ I have like one at a time maybe once or twice a week and put them back. It is just enough to take the sweet tooth edge off. Considering I would have ate the whole dang box before I think this counts as a victory lol!
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    Definitely an NSV. I am a troop leader (so that means cases of cookies at my house). I have had some thin mints, but will put some in the freezer. I do have a really good cheesecake recipe that uses them (and I make as low fat as possible).

Thankfully, we are just about done with the selling of cookies for the year. I only have one more year to go (total of 13 years as a leader) as my daughter will graduate high school next year.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    nice job!!! I could kill a whole box of thin mints previously...

to date.. had 4 (@ 40 cals/per ...ouch)
  • kblackwe
    kblackwe Posts: 4
    Options
    I have 4 boxes coming next week and my only hope is that my 4 boys get to them before I can. Cookies are one of my downfalls because its so hard to eat just one. So everyone pray for me because I'm going to need all the help I can get.. New to myfitnesspal, so can someone please tell me what NSV is...
  • SaSSyhasCurls
    Options
    Yesterday I had 5 trefoil cookies and I don't really care. I know that I can burn those off in no time, and I will be eating 5 a week until they are gone. I don't like to deprive myself of what I want.
  • kblackwe
    kblackwe Posts: 4
    Options
    OK, I found it... NSV = Non Scale Victory - compliments you get or people noticing your body change or your clothes fitting differently even tho the scale # might not change

I just love Google...
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Dosi-Dos I can easily eat a whole box in one sitting better to not even have in the house. Wife says just put them out of sight but I still know where they are.
  • zzzbootsz
    zzzbootsz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes a big pat on the back to you ............. I walked by and handed a $ 2.00 donation ............. I knew I would eat the entire box before arrriving home.

I am proud of you