Anyone else recovering from Cushing's Syndrome?

Options
I was diagnosed last November with adrenal Cushing's Syndrome. I had an adrenalectomy Nov. 23, 2011. I am in recovery now and have already lost 15 lbs without really trying. Cushing's gave me 65 extra pounds...ugh. I am back to cardiac rehab twice a week (yeah, Cushing's gave me heart failure too), and am using my elliptical at home twice a week. Just wondering if there is anyone else out there like me?

Kelly

Replies

• Falling2Grace
    Falling2Grace Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am going to be getting tested for Cushings and for PCOS very soon. Both are highly suspected due to my medical (and current) health history...how did you get diagnosed? What types of labs did they do? And does it take a long time to find out?
  • squirrelgirl3
    Options
    My endocrinologist did the 24 hour dexamethasone suppression test and a 24 hour urine. My cortisol level was out of control...over 2000! No wonder I was so sick! My ACTH was 0. My pituitary wasn't even talking anymore. It only took 2 weeks to get the test results back. I also had a CT scan to confirm the adrenal tumor. I hope you can get tested and get some help., Cushing's destroyed my life.

Kelly
  • eperison
    Options
    Kelly, how have you been doing? If you're still on this board, I'm willing to talk. There aren't to many people with adrenal cushings. I had a bilateral adrenalectomy, one out Oct 2011, and the other out last Jan. you're right, it racked my life too and just about killed me. I'm now strong enough to push my body to the next level. This app will help see where I'm at for eating habits since I really have to watch my sodium and potassium levels. Hope you're recovering we'll.
    ~Erik. :smile: