What pet name do you hate?

Options
abnerner
abnerner Posts: 452 Member
I just saw someone on my FB page call their girlfriend "Babydoll" and it made me mildly nauseous!

What is your least favorite pet name?

Replies

• taglientep
    taglientep Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    maybe not the name but how they say it
  • Tanyawhite30
    Options
    maybe not the name but how they say it

this
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Not really a hate but I have a non-fitting

A tiny little fuzzball of a kitten that purred every time you touched it. Its name was Killer.

JM
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Princess. *gag*
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Well I all of a sudden have a male customer from England calling me "flower" in emails. I'm a 35 year old woman who is married and has a child. Its odd and I don't get it, but whatever.

I also don't like it when my husband calls me "honey" for some reason. I guess because for so long we didn't use nicknames so now I'm not really down with them.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Wow...I dumped a guy cuz he kept calling me babydoll.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My ex called me 'tubby' in an (arguably) endearing tone. Let's just say that's one of the many reasons he's my ex.

I guess there's a difference for me between a 'pet name' and just a way of addressing one's partner. I assume a pet name is something that sort of organically grew out of being together. I would be weirded out by a guy that called me babydoll when we've just met, but if it just kind of happened during our relationship it'd probably be okay with it.
  • KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I hate when grown men and women call each other "baby".. ugh
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    PET....dont like that
  • Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    DEAR.... makes me think about Bernice the 70 yr old lady that works at my uncle's diner... so when anyone calls me dear I immediately think little old lady with orange lipstick and chin hair.
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Princess..because my dad used to call me that..stupid mofo! D:<
  • skinnywithin
    Options
    well maybe I am strange but I love all the sweet pet names. except for LOVEHEART thats just yukky ! right up there with Dear Heart. .

when my son was little I used to call him my little cutie pie ...he in return would call me his peach cobbler...LOL funny thing is he still will as a joke and I love it !
  • skinnywithin
    Options
    Princess..because my dad used to call me that..stupid mofo! D:<

Im sorry but the " stupid MOFO just made me laugh " Is that a pet name?
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I must say I am a fan of pet names, I call my husband everything in the books, I'm pretty sure my dogs & cats have no clue what their actual names are because rarely call them by the real ones lol. I call my husband baby, pumpkin and honey (if I'm buttering him up for something its generally a combo of several: sweetie-sugar-honey-bunches ect...) he calls me hon, babe or mama. all of the kids in my life are called munchkin, sweetiepie, monkey ect...

I'm sure I annoy some people but it makes me happy :)