What is wrong with me!!

Options
I workout at least five days a week for thirty minutes or more. I only eat 1500 calories a day but i am still not losing any weight! And I know you shouldn't focus on the scale numbers, I should be taking measurements instead and i do but i am not even losing inches. Its really weird because the only days I do lose weight are the days when I don't work out!

Any body have any advice??

Replies

• purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back the calories you burn from exercise to net the 1500?
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    The days you do workout, are you eating back your exercise calories? I have been stuck on the same number since early Jan. Started eating all my exercise calories back on Monday and lost a pound today! I guess they were right!!!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    i am still not losing any weight! ... the only days I do lose weight are the days when I don't work out!
    Are you losing or aren't you? Maybe you are just expecting it to happen too quickly?
  • Nutmeg90795
    Nutmeg90795 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back the calories you burn from exercise to net the 1500?
    The days you do workout, are you eating back your exercise calories? I have been stuck on the same number since early Jan. Started eating all my exercise calories back on Monday and lost a pound today! I guess they were right!!!!

I don't really ever eat back my calories. Im gonna try that I hope it helps.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    The reason you seem to "lose weight on the days you don't work out" is that when you've had a good exercise, your muscles hold on to water to help in the healing process.

How long have you been at 1500 calories and exercising 5 days a week? If it's only been a week or so, you're probably just losing fat and gaining muscle, hence the lack of change.
  • Nutmeg90795
    Options
    The days when i don't workout and lose weight it is only like .1 of a pound
  • Nutmeg90795
    Options
    The reason you seem to "lose weight on the days you don't work out" is that when you've had a good exercise, your muscles hold on to water to help in the healing process.

How long have you been at 1500 calories and exercising 5 days a week? If it's only been a week or so, you're probably just losing fat and gaining muscle, hence the lack of change.

I have been exercising five day a week since I started going on this website, which was about 7 1/2 months ago. As for the 1500's I have been eating that amount for about two months
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I workout at least five days a week for thirty minutes or more. I only eat 1500 calories a day but i am still not losing any weight! And I know you shouldn't focus on the scale numbers, I should be taking measurements instead and i do but i am not even losing inches. Its really weird because the only days I do lose weight are the days when I don't work out!

just quit, your perfect just the way you are.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

How tall are you and what type of exercise are you doing? 1500 could be maintenance calorie level if you are very short and/or your workouts are light. If you are working out intensly, then I'd suggest seeing a doctor to check for physical reasons that could make weight loss harder.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    drink tea... green or black. they get rid of water. you still need to drink water tho'.
  • en4cerd43
    en4cerd43 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Take measurements and do yourself a favor; hide your scale for about a month. Remeasure and then weigh yourself. Stepping on the scale daily will drive you mad as you will see little to no change on a daily basis. Plus your weight will fluctuate based on water retention, things you've eaten, clothes you're wearing, etc. Don't stress over the scale and give your body time to change. If you don't see any change after 30 days, then it's time to really reevaluate what you're doing.
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary so don't know what to tell you. You have a 50 lb. lost sticker on your profile--is this the case? Generally in a case like this you need to increase your cardio or decrease your calorie intake.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Try upping your calorie intake by eating back most, if not all, of your exercise calories. You should be eating more than 1500 on a workout day by the looks of things.
    EDIT: Looking at your ticker you certainly need more than 1500 on a workout day.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing EVERYTHING that you put into your mouth? Many people underestimate what they eat. Even the serving size on packages are incorrect if you weigh them out. It's also possible that you are overestimating how much you burn during exercise.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    what's your height? what's your bmi? 1500 cal is quite low, I see that you already lose weight but after some time your body will think that your about to die since your eating low calories so it hang on to those fat for survival. you have to up our calories or eat back your workout calorie so your body will think that your not dying and hence lose the fat.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you need to wait longer than 5 days.... you didnt put all the weight on in 5 days...
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Eat most of your exercise calories back, otherwise you risk running a very low deficit. What are you netting on most days? If you exercise and burn 400 but only eat 1500 then you're only netting 1100 a day, which I'm going to guess is under your BMR.

I would advise you to figure out your TDEE. Use the Search function to find out what this means and do the calculations. Then reduce that amount by no more than 20% -- this is what you should be averaging per day. I had recently cut my calories down to 1400 and afer eating most of my exercise I was netting around 1350 avg a day, but the scale would not budge. I am now netting around 1550 a day and feel so much better. I was eating this much a few months ago and it did wonders for my weight loss.

The moral of the story is that eating less is not always the answer to your weight loss woes.

I don't have the links for TDEE available to me now but I can find them for you if you want.
  • Nutmeg90795
    Options
    what's your height? what's your bmi? 1500 cal is quite low, I see that you already lose weight but after some time your body will think that your about to die since your eating low calories so it hang on to those fat for survival. you have to up our calories or eat back your workout calorie so your body will think that your not dying and hence lose the fat.

I am about 5'4". I am not exactly sure what my BMI is but I weigh 200.2 pounds. :)
    Eat most of your exercise calories back, otherwise you risk running a very low deficit. What are you netting on most days? If you exercise and burn 400 but only eat 1500 then you're only netting 1100 a day, which I'm going to guess is under your BMR.

I would advise you to figure out your TDEE. Use the Search function to find out what this means and do the calculations. Then reduce that amount by no more than 20% -- this is what you should be averaging per day. I had recently cut my calories down to 1400 and afer eating most of my exercise I was netting around 1350 avg a day, but the scale would not budge. I am now netting around 1550 a day and feel so much better. I was eating this much a few months ago and it did wonders for my weight loss.

The moral of the story is that eating less is not always the answer to your weight loss woes.

I don't have the links for TDEE available to me now but I can find them for you if you want.

I net at about 900 most days. I keep seeing the up your calories comments so I think i am gonna try that. I'll also look at the TDEE right now to see what i can change. :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I net at about 900 most days. I keep seeing the up your calories comments so I think i am gonna try that. I'll also look at the TDEE right now to see what i can change. :)

So you already knew what the problem was.
  • monharri
    monharri Posts: 78
    Options
    make sure you're no eating too much sodium and sugar.