To those who quit smoking and become total a-holes

Options
mandiemma
mandiemma Posts: 128 Member
I am not forcing you to quit... I am glad that you chose to quit... HOWEVER... being a total A-HOLE at work and telling people to do things that are YOUR job and making it uncomfortable for others at the workplace is completely unacceptable...

I should not have to hide in my office all day to avoid your bit**y attitude.

That is all

Replies

• Enkibean
    Enkibean Posts: 56
    Options
    Kinda the same way that people on a diet can be really *****y to everyone around them.

*ducks*
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    hmmmmm.....me thinks Mandie had someone quit smoking at her office......
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Kinda the same way that people on a diet can be really *****y to everyone around them.

*ducks*

That's me :embarassed: ... not at work though but I do lose my temper even more at home, especially if something interferes with my work-out plans or meal planing.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options

*ducks*

Touche
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    They'll get over the moods. They're just trying to improve their health, same as you are. Would you be so annoyed with them if they can cut off sugar as part of a diet and become cranky during the adjustment period?
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, Those people need to feck off. I quit 8 months ago, if the smoke bothers me now I just move downwind. It only gets to me if I have a sore throat though.
    Just pity them and their self-righteous attitude. Morons.
  • mandiemma
    Options
    :laugh: Enkibean = haha I'm actually a lot happier now that i have crap out of my system hahaha (thank god for them because i'd be worse than the new 'non smoker"

Big Jimmy: Nah, I just like to ***** about other offices hahahaha
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Maybe cut them a little bit of slack for a few days, overcoming a nicotine addiction feels like total awfulness the first few days.
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options

*ducks*

BAHAHAHAHA!
  • mandiemma
    Options
    They'll get over the moods. They're just trying to improve their health, same as you are. Would you be so annoyed with them if they can cut off sugar as part of a diet and become cranky during the adjustment period?

Difference is... I hid myself going through the mood swings - not made the whole office hide instead! lol
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have to be honest. I can't see how this:
    I am not forcing you to quit... I am glad that you chose to quit...

relates to this:
    being a total A-HOLE at work and telling people to do things that are YOUR job and making it uncomfortable for others at the workplace is completely unacceptable...

Are they making you go outside because you're still a smoker? Otherwise I don't really see the connection (I know people that have never smoked or still so smoke who are complete A-holes in the office!)

Most ex-smokers are b****es though! I was (still am?)!
  • mrohan1213
    mrohan1213 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I quit 2 days ago and I am not that bad but I do have my moments. Its a hard adjustment just like people who eat when they are upset, drink when mad etc. We have to be supportive towards others. When we are use to a certain comfort it's hard to make that transition if your all alone and given the cold shoulder by others.
  • mandiemma
    Options
    I have to be honest. I can't see how this:
    I am not forcing you to quit... I am glad that you chose to quit...

relates to this:
    being a total A-HOLE at work and telling people to do things that are YOUR job and making it uncomfortable for others at the workplace is completely unacceptable...

Are they making you go outside because you're still a smoker? Otherwise I don't really see the connection (I know people that have never smoked or still so smoke who are complete A-holes!)

Most ex-smokers are *****es though! I was (still am?)!

They quit and became total jerks in the office... I totally support them in their desire to quit, but being a jerk while in the office to everyone is not acceptable. IMO
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    This should just be directed towards people who are asshoIes in general.

Attention all b!tches, cease your piss-poor attitude immediately. Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • Ash_76
    Ash_76 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    quitting smoking or dieting dosnt make you turn into a nasty a55hole

they have just had there barriers taken down to reveal there real personality
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options

Difference is... I hid myself going through the mood swings - not made the whole office hide instead! lol

This. Going through a difficult life experience doesn't mean you get a free pass to treat other people like garbage. Some people are better at hiding their feelings than others, but the very least you can do when you snap at someone unnecessarily is apologize, rather than justify it with "I'm having a really hard time right now." Otherwise, you're going to end up healthier and surrounded by people who hate you.
  • eleslie1989
    eleslie1989 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    at least there is a reason behind why someone might me off for a few days if they quiting smoking but there are people out there that treat people with disrespect everyday and dont even realise. im sure whoever you are talking about knows how they have acted and really do regret and feel bad about it.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Guilty. This was me last year when I quit. I lost it on the cleaner at my work for vacuuming the same damn spot over and over and over again until my head was about to explode so I went over unplugged his vacuum and didn't say a word. OH well..I could care less about the people I pissed off while quitting... at least I won't die of lung cancer now. And YES I had to be bit**y.
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I was *****y when i quit smoking..only to my fiance though..because he'd always be the one stressing me out asking me if i looked at any guys...every single day D:

ahh, i love him :)
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options

This. Going through a difficult life experience doesn't mean you get a free pass to treat other people like garbage. Some people are better at hiding their feelings than others, but the very least you can do when you snap at someone unnecessarily is apologize, rather than justify it with "I'm having a really hard time right now." Otherwise, you're going to end up healthier and surrounded by people who hate you.

^^ What she said ^^ I've given up many things trying to be healthy and I have yet to snap at those around me for no reason. Some people are just *kitten* and can't help it.