Starting today on 1200 cal - help welcome! :)

Options
Hi! I am starting my diet today and I am on 1200 cal a day. Please add me as a friend as I could do with some encouragement and some inspiration as to what to eat!
I am based in Scotland and hope to lose 4kg!

Replies

• kati37
    kati37 Posts: 61
    Options
    Welcome!!!! Sending you a friend request, you will find that 1200 calories is not that hard. I was thinkin the same way when I started!! Good luck!!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Hi- That's my number too!
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Have a look at my diary love, I'm having porridge in the morning, and then to be honest it's a bit of cheat but I'm having Tesco Light Choice meals as they are all around 400 cals or below (and on offer at the moment), so it's really easy to fit them into my day that way, then I have around 200 for snacks or a cheeky Gin and slim...
  • rebecrn
    rebecrn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am on a 1200-1500 calorie diet plan. I have found that 1200 calories is a low amount of calories per day--make sure you add your activity calories so that you are maintaining the 1200 calorie count. I have lost 5 pound in 4 weeks--I know that sounds slow but it is the safe way to lose weight. I have added 2-3 days of weight training and am considering starting a triathlon training program. I did this a few years ago and it helped me stay focussed on my goal.
    I eat what ever I want - -I watch my portion control---cupcakes at work yesterday - I had 1/4 of a cupcake instead of the whole cupcake. If I have any doubt that I cannot stop at 1/4 cupcake I just don't eat any of the cupcake. Will Power is the key. I keep apples, grape tomatoes and a big salad in the frig for times I feel as if I need to snack. Don't let yourself get really, really hungry - that is when I just want to eat whatever is available.. Biggest help to me has been keeping low calorie snacks with me at all times.
    Good Luck.

RebecRN