a small success for me....

Options
I know its nothing huge, but its a big step in the right direction for me! I've always been anti-running... I just hate it... but I've actually been doing it and getting my butt up and jogging before breakfast! Its been 2 weeks and the first week I ran 4 days (one of which was a run with my husband, who can fricking run an 18 minute 3 mile... hes my inspiration! I want to be able to outrun him!! But that was a HARD run for me... he really pushes me) and then last week I ran 3 days and did yoga 2 days, and this morning, as much as I wanted to just sit and watch cartoons with my daughter and drink my coffee, I got my butt out there and ran and it feels soooo great!!! I just started on this site today, but since I've been running I can tell a little difference on how my pants are fitting :) it makes me feel great!!!!

Replies

• MarineWife1371
    Options
    I know its nothing huge, but its a big step in the right direction for me! I've always been anti-running... I just hate it... but I've actually been doing it and getting my butt up and jogging before breakfast! Its been 2 weeks and the first week I ran 4 days (one of which was a run with my husband, who can fricking run an 18 minute 3 mile... hes my inspiration! I want to be able to outrun him!! But that was a HARD run for me... he really pushes me) and then last week I ran 3 days and did yoga 2 days, and this morning, as much as I wanted to just sit and watch cartoons with my daughter and drink my coffee, I got my butt out there and ran and it feels soooo great!!! I just started on this site today, but since I've been running I can tell a little difference on how my pants are fitting :) it makes me feel great!!!!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    congrats to you!!!
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I have always LOATHED running :grumble:

But...maybe now since I've dropped some weight and am in the working out mode I may enjoy it. Thanks for inspiring me to try something new!

GOOD JOB FOR YOU! :drinker:
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    Sweet! I've never been a fan of running either, but I am set to start the Couch to 5k today!! Keep up teh good work! You'll love this site. Be sure to log your food and exercise - keeping track of calories is *such* an eye opener....:noway:
  • doodlebug
    doodlebug Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    great job!! :drinker:
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options
    Congratulations! Thanks for posting - it was very inspiring to me as I am thinking about running.
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options
    Congratulations! Thanks for posting - it was very inspiring to me as I am thinking about running.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!