I'm here to grow some roots and stay long time!!

Options
Hello! I'm new here to MFP and looking forward to making some friends with the same goals as myself. My name is Tammy and I'm 35 years old. Having a really hard time accepting the fact I let myself get this old and am still not where I want to be physically. I don't know where all the time has gone. I've done everything under the sun when it comes to a diet for weight loss system (the latest was SENSA). I am going to give this the old fashioned calorie counting try and am looking for a an exercise routine that works for me. I am a wife to a wonderful man going on 18 years and we have two children ages 7 and 10. We are a close knit famil and love to spend time with each other. My kids got an X-Box 1/kInect for X-mas and I think maybe I need to take advantage of what it has to offer. Any suggestions? Anyone successful with a particular game?

I'm considering the following:

Jillian Michaels - Fitness Adventure
Your Shape and Fitness Evolved 2012
Kinect Sports
Kinect Sports: Season Two
Yourself Fitness

Well this is probably more than what an introduction is supposed to be but I'm eager to get some feedback.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I have used SparkPeople.com in the past and am looking for something fresh to me.

Thanks a lot!
Tammy

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Hi, Welcome :)
    I don't have Kinect but I have the WiiFit and I find it easier to work out in my living room rather than be in a stinky gym with a bunch of people! It's just more comfortable for me, plus the many games they have, like JustDance, are soo fun and it's exactly like getting a workout. I ordered Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, it should be here by Friday. I have seen before and after pictures of people that have done it on here and they all look amazing! I don't know if you've heard of it or if you have it or if you are going to try it? I'm going to try it and I'm going to take before and after pictures to post on my profile for anyone insterested in seeing my results. Good luck on your journey and have an amazing day!
    -Colie
  • goodbyefatsuit
    goodbyefatsuit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks Colie! I am considering the 30 Day Shred. My hesitation at this time is that I have so far to go and am trying to work into just getting my butt in motion. Once I'm in the groove I'll give it a try. See you around. :)
  • goodfido
    goodfido Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I like the 30 Day Shred and would recommend it. I'm starting it up again on a limited basis as I'm recovering from a foot surgery so I'm slightly limited physically but I figure doing something is better than nothing. I'm also working on my elipical and watching movies to keep me interested and motivated. It makes the time go by faster.

Good Luck on your WLJ and add me as a friend if you'd like :smile:
  • kme2011
    kme2011 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i have a kinect and just finished dancing to Dance Central 2. I love it. it keeps me moving. I'm gonna try the Julienne thing soon. Feel free to add me. i'm heading out for a walk. :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Hope to see you here a year from now. Good luck.:drinker: