• ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    damn genes :(
  • mollybalmer
    mollybalmer Posts: 15 Member
    thank you guys x
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    I also bought a post pregnancy DVD to try as it focuses on getting the tummy muscles back into shape so all the exercises are core based and strenghening your back and stomach muscles. You could try one and if you don't feel it makes you sweat enough do some cardio first get a sweat on then do the core workout routine as your 'cooldown'.

It was recommended to me from someone who who used to it lose their muffin top but hadn't actually been pregnant. Some people also like Jillian Michaels six pack one for a more energetic workout focused on that area with cardio included.
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    You can't spot reduce fat. Your only option is to create a calorie deficit through diet or exercise or both, and over time you will lose fat. Eventually, stomach fat will reduce -- but you can't do anything to cause fat to lose from specific areas.

second that...Its all diet. Not pills, crunches, late night Ab machine commercials
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    You can't spot reduce fat. Your only option is to create a calorie deficit through diet or exercise or both, and over time you will lose fat. Eventually, stomach fat will reduce -- but you can't do anything to cause fat to lose from specific areas.
    this and its gonna take longer than one or two months, give it four or six!
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Don't compare yourself to pictures of models. They're stomachs are flat because they have the photos taken before they've eaten. Then they eat and the stomach rounds out like everyone else.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    The only way to get a flat tummy is by reducing your body fat, once the fat is gone, the abs show, diet and exercise is the only way.....you can do a million sit ups, won't help.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Sucks you can't spot reduce though I'm getting smaller and smaller all cause I want my stomach to go away. I'm starting to look like a toothpick with a knot on the front. Not cute at all. But I guess all I can do is keep losing weight until my stomach goes away. Maybe I won't look like I'm dead before then.

Hope you reach your goal and still look great doing it
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,290 Member
    Liposuction! thats what I did!

There is non-invasive lipo now.
    But, if you're looking for an answer here, all of the above. You cannot spot reduce. Think of it this way: fat there first, leaves last.
  • wordpainter09
    wordpainter09 Posts: 472 Member
    Planks, obliques and superman exercises to work all parts of the core help a lot. That and diet. But don't go too low... your body will think it's starving and hold onto the weight!
  • JeanniebeanL79
    JeanniebeanL79 Posts: 96 Member
    hiphop abs all day long!
  • Unfortunately there is not magic formula for that....just diet, cardio exercise and eventually with the past of the time you will see the changes.

Right now what I am doing to speed up the burning of fat stored in my abdominal part is 25 min cardio before and after my weight routine follow by 150 seated twists per side.

You can also change your diet reducing your amount of carbs and increasing the protein intake I recommend you to eat a lot of lean meat, chicken but specially tuna.

I hope this will help and good luck with your training !!!!
  • karliekins
    karliekins Posts: 27 Member
    Diet (especially eating whole grains instead of white carbs) and exercise (cardio, weight training, and pilates because it focuses on the core).