New to MFP

Options
I have been on MFP for about a week and at first wasn't sure I wanted to participate in the community but decided I can use all the friends and motivation I can get! My first goal is to lose 37 lbs - I am 5'6" started at 187 and want to be down to 150. I am interested in meeting people with similar goals. I am also getting married in November and would love to meet brides-to-be with similar goals!

Looking forward to meeting friends!

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Hi :) Welcome!
    I've been on here for a few weeks and before I actually starting getting serious I just played around with the app, never really got into the website like I am now! I'm getting married in August of 2013, I know it's a ways away but it's always good to start sooner than later! Plus, I want to get into a healthy lifestyle and keep it that way! I am currently looking to lose around 15 to 20 pounds...I refuse to weigh myself until my birthday (March 30th!). Add me if you'd like, I am GREATTTTTTTT motivation!!!!
    xoxox
    Have a beautiful day!!
  • RCadence
    RCadence Posts: 79
    Options
    HEY! Welcome to MFP! I was exactly the same, I used this app for weeks before I realised the vast community that was out there. Believe me though once you get yourself a good network of motivators you'll never look back!

Feel free to add me if you want, you can never have enough guys cheering you on :)
  • cschmidt45
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm looking to lose about 35 lbs. I'm about 5'5" and want to get back to a comfortable weight. Id love to cheer you on!
  • sphonani
    sphonani Posts: 13
    Options
    Me too... Ditto been here since Monday and have already experienced nothing but good things for my weight loss on this site. :) Add me!!!!!
  • Startraveller
    Options
    Same here. Been on for almost two weeks. I have not weighed myself as I prefer to use my clothes as a guide for the first little while. I don't get discouraged that way. The community is great. Such motivation and so many individuals experiencing the same issues as me. Feel free to add me.
  • katiema79
    Options
    Hey! I am new here too (going on day 3) and am working to lose weight for my college graduation in May. I know that for me, this will be a short term goal since I am working to lose 100 lbs (or else). Feel free to add me, I am also needing some great motivators. :smile:
  • angbunny22
    Options
    Welcome!! Been on here for over 100 days and love it. Mostly got on to support my family and close friends but have added a lot more friends! Feel free to add me! Good luck!