ate the forbidden fruit & totally learned a lesson

Options
so, for the past 5 or so days, I have been ferociously craving a fast food cheeseburger. I started my diet exactly 20 days ago & have not cheated really at all since I started. I made sure anything that was "cheat worthy" was still within my calorie goal...well, I broke down against my better judgment and bought a McDonald's mcdouble....10 minutes later I am deathly ill speeding down the road as fast as I legally could to get to my house because there was no doubt about it, I was gonna be sick.

lesson learned: that craving will eventually go away. I could've spent my last calories on something yummy and healthy instead of something greasy that my body isn't used to anymore. now im out of calories with an empty belly...

don't give in...its not worth it.

Replies

• RayRay1500
    RayRay1500 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Try having a cheat meal once a week, it will prevent this kind of thing from happening! :smile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    if you got sick, your calories were restored!

Just kidding.....but I know what you mean, once your body isn't used to it anymore, the reaction is definitely different than it once was.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    What if you tried having small treats more frequently? I often have chocolate, cheeseburgers, and all of those other 'forbidden' foods... I just make sure to fit them in my calories. And I never get sick, either.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    if you got sick, your calories were restored!

Just kidding.....but I know what you mean, once your body isn't used to it anymore, the reaction is definitely different than it once was.

lol this made me laugh. I've been craving a whopper. lol Its been years since I've had one of those... maybe i'll think twice now lol
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Bad Eve, bad.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Did you make it to the toilet in time?

Sounds like you had bad food. I never get sick from eating crap food like McDonald's.
  • cassblue21
    cassblue21 Posts: 207
    Options
    I have gotten myself to the point where I want a BIG juicy cheeseburger instead of a fast food one. In fact they have to be very specific places that I get it from now too! :p
  • linguist98
    Options
    its amazing how the body is much smarter than our brain... your body obviously relaized the toxic crap you ate and decided ...no way in hell...everybody outta the pool!...listen to your body...and since you got sick... eat something so your body knows you still love it and your sorry ;)
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    it's easier to just not forbid anything.
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options
    I ate Chinese the other night, and I hadn't eaten any "fast food" for about 2 months. I had indigestion the WHOLE night. I do eat some cheat foods a couple times a week, but not fast food. I'm really not that disappointed that my system can't handle fatty, greasy, salty foods anymore!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    It was probably the grease and fat in the burger that did you in.My kids experience this after not eating fast food for awhile and it wasn't pretty.

If you are craving a good burger try making one at home. Get some lean beef, your favorite deli cheese, sauteed some onions, get some pickles, lettuce and tomato...add some barbque sauce or something....

Its less calories than a burger by the clown, the little girl and the king and you won't get sick.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Truth.
  • ImJDLookatME
    Options
    Truth.

^^^It's all about moderation!! I get to enjoy my MickeyDs every once in a while...and there is no immediate toliet needed
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Truth.

Extra truth. Most of the weight I lost, I did while working at and eating Burger King.
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I almost gave in the cheeseburger monster today. I just started my weight loss journey yesterday and didn't get breakfast in because of a migraine. Woke up with the same migraine today and didn't eat anything until a snack a bit ago. I really hate chronic migraines! Anyways...i had to run to the store to pick up a few things and all those fast food places were tempting but I decided to head home and eat something healthier.
  • ashuster1
    ashuster1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    its amazing how the body is much smarter than our brain... your body obviously relaized the toxic crap you ate and decided ...no way in hell...everybody outta the pool!...listen to your body...and since you got sick... eat something so your body knows you still love it and your sorry ;)

haha yeah im having a bit of soup and a salad to apologize to my body haha
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Truth.

Extra truth. Most of the weight I lost, I did while working at and eating Burger King.

I work next door to the king. once a week, generally, I'll take the walk over.

oh, last week? pizza night at work on saturday. I had four pieces. that's half a large. but I had done extra gym work that day so still had 500 calories left even after that. I was happy, full, and weighed in three days later with a 2.4 pound loss for the week. good food isn't the devil.
  • cjaharmon
    cjaharmon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I try to eat those forbidden fruits once in awhile just so i don't have such a horrible reaction when I am backed into a corner and that is all there is. But I eat much smaller portions (I can't tell you the last time I had a double cheeseburger). I do a single patty cheeseburger, a small fry, a small regular soda here and there just so I can be okay. If I don't I will be sick. I still don't know that I could just sit down and eat like I use to after two+ months of eating better. Heck I just ate more for dinner then I usually do and I am starting to pay for it with a belly ache.
  • michelle916
    Options
    I think not giving in to one's craving once in a while (and I mean not often at all) is a bad thing. Unless you're totally happy eating salads and diet cokes all the time, then might as well skip it. If I've had a hankering and it hasn't gone away, I really ask myself if I'd enjoy the food. Truly enjoy every bite. If I think I won't, I don't get it.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    The same sort of thing happened to me after three weeks of working out and eating half-decent at home.. Had a Wendy's combo and nearly threw up, had cold sweats, felt super weak.. Never ate there since, and no longer want to.