How do YOU motivate yourself to work out?

Options
I am a full-time university student and work 2 jobs. I have weekends off but use those days to do homework. So basically, I'm making excuses for myself constantly to not work out. How do other BUSY people find the time and motivation to work out? One of my jobs is a nanny so I get some "exercise" in my cleaning their house, playing with the baby, and taking her on walks but I don't really view that as true exercise. What are your tips? Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• jrrflr
    jrrflr Posts: 109
    Options
    I remember how horrible I felt every day when I was 300 pounds. Also, I think about how much money I have spent on clothing and bicycling gear and how I do not want it to have been a waste. Plus, I have a cycling buddy that I enjoy spending time with. We hold each other accountable.
  • chrissismone
    chrissismone Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You must place you in the important circle you will make time and do things. It may mean getting up earlier I know the struggles of college I gradutated in Dec 2010. Or you may have to do them in burst like 10 min increments..just take time for you and it will work.
  • kilojoule
    kilojoule Posts: 74
    Options
    register for a marathon, bike race, duathlon, century, etc once the money is out there i feel like i need to be prepared. im not overly competitive and dont really care about my results but knowing an event is looming helps keep me "training" and eating healthy. My next event is a back to back duathlon...wife signed me up and then asked me if i could do it LoL guess we shall find out. Next event Im signing up for is the Death ride -that one is a butt kicker and you do not want to climb 14000 feet on a bicycle carrying extra baggag haha. Plus you burn so many calories you literally get to stuff your face on the ride so its a win win