GNC Lean Shakes (or other meal replacements)

Options
ellesoul
ellesoul Posts: 125 Member
Anyone doing this? Or any other meal replacement shakes (not just protein powders)

I'm on week 2... so far it's ok, lost 2.5 lbs (kinda slower than i expected) but I'm getting bored already and I find myself craving a REAL lunch most days, instead of a shake. Anyone else have this issue?

Anyone have postiive/negative results to share?

Replies

• Ebonybridget
    Options
    Hi, I found I was always hungry when trying to use meal replacements!

I know they are super easy, but I do believe that you can get much more satisfaction from a good healthy meal
  • michael300891
    Options
    Im currently doing an all shakes diet (mostly) but not GNC Lean shakes. My day looks like this:

Total Breakfast shake
    Meal Replacement Shake (Lunch)
    Meal Replacement Shake (Dinner)
    Gym Shake
    Bedtime Casein Shake

Do that for 6 days then have myself a rest day on sunday. Not finding it to bad to be honest at minute but im only half way through week two. Not noticing any side affects and im not really hungry - Miss chewing a little tho haha!

My reasoning was this: Im rubbish at controlling my food intake. I think that excessive food consumption is an addiction like any other. If I was an alcoholic, I would find it very difficult to have just one glass of wine three times a day. I see it as the same with food, If I have only shakes during the week, then I cant binge as it would break my clean week. Dont really think theres any advantages to weight loss of drinking shakes compared to standard dieting but I do it for me as its easier to control on a busy schedule =)
  • ellesoul
    ellesoul Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    im still eating a full, balanced meal for dinner... i definitely don't think i could do shakes all day without chewing lol

i've read that liquid diets generally result in faster weight loss... not sure if that's true or not...

hopefully I'll be able to keep at it until i reach my goals

thanks for the feedback!
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    According to the booklets that come with the kits, you're still supposed to be eating small meals during the day. The shakes are meant to be part of a 1500 cal/day diet. I shared my diary if you want to see what it looks like.

I am on my last day of week 1 and have lost 6 lbs. I was doing WW prior, so we're not talking about a drastic change in diet other than the shakes themselves.