Sleep?

Options
xojox
xojox Posts: 187 Member
I'd like to know if sleep is really a factor in weight loss?

I don't have a regular sleep pattern, and sometimes get 4hrs but sometimes get 10! Depending on what sort of day my youngest is having.

Would love people's opinionsvx

Replies

• kleighsamboer
    Options
    I believe sleep is important. Not just for weight loss but for your overall health. Your body heals when it is asleep. I know sometimes we can't always sleep on the same schedule, life tends to get in the way of that. Just try to do the best you can. When your body needs more sleep it will let you know.
  • swilk627
    swilk627 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm convinced it's incredibly important. However, my toddler still doesn't STTN most nights, so I do the best I can.
  • lcoreo5
    lcoreo5 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    definitely important. if you aren't well rested, you wont have the focus or the will power to keep on top of your workouts and food choices.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Supposedly you burn a lot more calories if you're deprived of sleep, but I seem to gain weight instead. I think part of it is retaining water in my legs if they aren't up in bed a full 8 hours a day to mobilize the fluid.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    We don't need no stinkin sleep!

Seriously, i work nights and have 2 kids. On work days i get at most 4 hours of sleep. Weekends, i get at least 8 hours, more if i want. It hasn't affected my weight loss so far, but it sure would be nice to sleep at night.