Drinking Enough Water

Options
I know I need to drink lots of water, but I have to choke it down. I am open to suggestions that would help me reach my 8+ cups of water per day. Anyone?

Replies

• lschuttem
    lschuttem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I carry a water bottle with me at all times, and usually i flavour it with a tea bag (usually green tea which plenty of people say boosts metabolism but whatever). tea is great bc there are so many flavours you can choose from. i just put one tea bag in it in the morning and then keep refilling it with water throughout the day as needed. Also, unless ive done a sweaty workout, i dont usually get 8 glasses...usually a solid 5 -6.
    chances are, if your urine is very pale in colour, you're drinking enough.
  • jgskinny
    jgskinny Posts: 15
    Options
    Buy a cupco, its a cold cup! It holds 24 oz! I f you drink 2 1/4 full cupco's thats 64oz! Thats the daily recommended water intake! I try to drink 2 liters ( 33oz/liter), so that still covers it in 3 cupco's!!! I usually do cold--regular tea in am first thing! Then get the recommended water and everything else is bonus!
  • ltparker
    ltparker Posts: 32
    Options
    I have a 32oz bottle that I have been able refill once a day to get in 64oz a day. Also Crystal Light, Lemon Juice, Lime Juice or Mio make it easier to drink the amount of water that you need a day.
  • kellyjervis
    Options
    I've started to keep a bottle of no-sugar diluting squash at work and add a tiny amount of that to water - there's not much flavour to it but it seems to be encouraging me to drink more! :smile:
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    I know I need to drink lots of water, but I have to choke it down. I am open to suggestions that would help me reach my 8+ cups of water per day. Anyone?

I have the same issue. No amount of squash/ sweetener/ fruit/ teabags etc will help me be more attracted to that stuff. But I managed to drink a full 8 glass today already. I did it by setting my alarm for every hour and forcing myself to gulp down a glass when it went off. It worked :D Over time it will become second nature i'm hoping.

Anyway I read that the average person doesn't actually need a full 8 glasses, more like 2.5 pints per day, and that you get a lot of water from certain foods like grapes, apples, etc, so don't think it all has to come from water itself :)
  • lizzie217
    lizzie217 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A small squeeze of lemon juice works for me
  • Erika1962
    Erika1962 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I take my water like "medicine", pouring me a 32 ounce tumbler at 7 in the morning with apple cider vinegar and a little stevia and gulp it down, then at work I have a 32 ounce bottle that I refill throughout the day. I usually average about 100 ounces a day, not including my coffee and herbal teas. Besides the braggs vinegar I also use freshly squeezed lemon juice or a few slices of cucumber to make the water a little bit more "interesting"