just started

Options
Hi-my name is Beki. I've become very depressed lately and finally came to a place of saying-I have to make changes in my life. As I looked overall at myself I realized my health needed to be the first step. I found this website Thursday and am sooo excited! I'm looking forward to staying on task (although so far not so good) and seeing results. Old habits are hard to break, and I want to make being healthy into an old habit. For now I'm trying to break the old habit of bad food choices along with no exercise. I love watching Biggest Loser and as I see them running and doing all sorts of activities I know at this moment I would fail at, it really encourages me to get out there and make exercise a much bigger part of my life.

Replies

• joyrenewed
    joyrenewed Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi-my name is Beki. I've become very depressed lately and finally came to a place of saying-I have to make changes in my life. As I looked overall at myself I realized my health needed to be the first step. I found this website Thursday and am sooo excited! I'm looking forward to staying on task (although so far not so good) and seeing results. Old habits are hard to break, and I want to make being healthy into an old habit. For now I'm trying to break the old habit of bad food choices along with no exercise. I love watching Biggest Loser and as I see them running and doing all sorts of activities I know at this moment I would fail at, it really encourages me to get out there and make exercise a much bigger part of my life.
  • stewbigelow
    stewbigelow Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You can do it.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hi Beki! Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Hi Beki! If you just stick with it you WILL be able to break your soon to be old habit. Best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • spoiledangel
    Options
    Welcome! You will like it here. there is so much encouragment on this is site.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP the best website ever. I :heart: it here and I think you will too. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful and is so easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • e11xoxo
    e11xoxo Posts: 86
    Options
    Welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. :drinker:
  • joyrenewed
    joyrenewed Posts: 5
    Options
    thank you all so much. So far I am loving this site and 2 days ago I actually saw a weight loss! It is so wonderful to have so much support in doing this.