My iPad, My Savior

Options
I never would have guessed it but so far my best weight loss tool and motivator has been my iPad! I received an iPad last Christmas. At the time I was feeling extremely stressed and depressed about my weight, my job, my family, my home, etc., and to be honest I wasn't even really that thrilled when I got my iPad. All I could think about is what else I could have used the $600 that person spent on. Powering it on perked me up a little bit, though, and discovering the myfitnesspal app a couple of days later changed my life!

I set a goal to give up soda for 6 months (I've since decided to give it up forever), give up fast food completely, start eating healthier, start cooking at home more/eating out less, and start exercising.

The myfitnesspal app has helped me keep track of what I'm eating, make smarter eating decisions, build a support group of people who are going through the same thing, and track my progress.

The allrecipes app has provided me with lots and lots and lots of healthy recipes (and nutrition information!) which has encouraged me to cook more at home.

The netflix app allows me to watch tv shows and movies while I'm working out. I never realized how much time I used to spend just sitting or laying around in front of my television or laptop! I was halfway through a season of one of my favorite shows recently after I received my iPad when it dawned on me: I could be exercising while I'm doing this! That led to daily workouts on the treadmill and stairs all while watching my favorite shows.

And I'm still discovering new apps and options for using my iPad to meet my goals everyday!

Has anyone had similar experiences? Can anyone recommend any cool weight loss, exercise, or motivational apps or methods for using an iPad?

Share! : )

Lindsey

Replies

• dorseykm
    dorseykm Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I use the free arm, ab and leg workouts plus the Nike Training. I like them because they offer some variety and they have videos showing you how to do the excercises.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I love my iPad! Downloading the allrecipes app now - thanks! Would also be interested in what other apps people love!