Question about exercising

Options
Hi everyone,

I have a question and hope that someone can help me. I started working out on Jan 7th. I am doing the Turbo Jam DVD's. I do the Turbo Ab Jam everyday and either a 20 minute cardio or the turbo sculpting. Here is my question: As you start gaining more muscle does it make it harder to do some of the exercises that you have been doing? I hope that make sense. It seems like I am having a harder time doing some of the Ab work than before. Is that from getting more muslce and losing fat?
If anyone can let me know I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Deanna:happy:

Replies

• deanna72777
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I have a question and hope that someone can help me. I started working out on Jan 7th. I am doing the Turbo Jam DVD's. I do the Turbo Ab Jam everyday and either a 20 minute cardio or the turbo sculpting. Here is my question: As you start gaining more muscle does it make it harder to do some of the exercises that you have been doing? I hope that make sense. It seems like I am having a harder time doing some of the Ab work than before. Is that from getting more muslce and losing fat?
    If anyone can let me know I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Deanna:happy:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Sometimes you just need a rest. Try some pilates or a different kind of exersice. Some different muscles want to be used for a while then switch back. Our muscles are very smart and get used to things very fast.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    Although you want to work on the core muscle area (Abs) it's best to, like deanea, says and that's mix up your exercises so that you're working on a different body area each day -- with a little abdominals in there as well. One or two days a week (separate them by a couple of day) to really focus on your abdominals will provide you some good results and you'll be toning your whole body along the way.
  • deanna72777
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will try doing that.

Deanna:flowerforyou:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Don't overwork your muscles. Apparently muscles need at least one day to regenerate.