How to add results from Bodybugg to MFP?

Options
Hi I just got a bodybugg but I want to also use MFP for everything as well - How do I incorporate both? Like total calories burned.

Replies

• ivleafklover
    ivleafklover Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I just made a custom exercise called bodymedia fit difference. I put in my normal exercise & then before I close out the diary for the day (usually about 9 at night) I get the numbers for BMF & then estimate the remainder for the day e.g. 3 hrs left @ 1.4cals/min = 250 cals. Then I put the difference in to make total cals burnt = BMF
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about adding the actual calories to my MFP numbers. I just add a note in the Food Notes sections that says "Actual burn: XXXX Deficit: XXX" (or a surplus, as the case may be)

Also, to the poster above, "closing out" the day on MFP doesn't actually do or effect anything other than putting a note in your timeline/feod thingy ot whatever that is. So you can go back the next day and add your actual burned calories so you're tracking actual numbers that way, instead of constantly tracking estimates. :)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    yep, I know :) (been here about 2 years :tongue:) My estimates are normally pretty much dead on anyway. The maths isn't difficult :smile:
  • ivleafklover
    ivleafklover Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you I will definitely be doing that :D