Sore Feet anyone?

Options
Okay so I am on my feet all day at work and then have added working out and my feet have been so sore! does anyone have any remedies? Besides soaking them that is. I really think I need to go to the doctor perhaps I have falling arches...? not sure. Has anyone else suffered with aching feet and if so what did you do about it.

Replies

• momotivation
    momotivation Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I just bought some new sneakers - Nike FreeRun (actually they are called Nike MoveFit or something, but same premise) and they have been GREAT!!! NO MORE ARCH PAIN WHEN I RUN!!! They emulate barefeet and are supposed to strengthen your feet muscles to make up for fallen arches. Maybe give that a try!
  • emilybeatrice1
    emilybeatrice1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i'm on my feet 12 hours a day at work... plus my four mile walks... My toenails fall off, and my feet hurt.. My shoes fit perfectly. i just dont know what to do either
  • emilybeatrice1
    emilybeatrice1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i'm on my feet 12 hours a day at work... plus my four mile walks... My toenails fall off, and my feet hurt.. My shoes fit perfectly. i just dont know what to do either

i know i said my toenails fall off.... this only happened once when i was walking a real lot
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options

i know i said my toenails fall off.... this only happened once when i was walking a real lot

Ack! That scared me!
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Man I wish I knew. I walk five miles a day and my arches always hurt. They actually fall asleep when I stand for too long. I have yet to find the perfect shoe :(
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I have high arches and plenty of aches from both work and exercise. Ever heard of yoga toes? Well I use a nail spacer, the kind you put between your toes after doing your nails, for a few minutes to stretch them out after a long day. I also give myself leg massages and green tea bathes. The best thing is to probably get better shoes/support inserts.
  • punchieprincess
    Options
    My physical therapist suggested that I go to a store that specializes in running shoes and purchase expensive properly fitting shoes. He suggested that there are brands that form to your feet and provide excellent support, he says the are expensive but definitely worth it. After a week in a new pair of shoes from a discount store (name brand shoe) I am ready to go and spend the money to purchase a shoe that gives me great foot support per the suggestion.
  • Swampstar
    Swampstar Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    When I started my nurse training years back I went from no walking to being on my feet for 12+ hours a day. I found getting a good pair of shoes that really supported my feet worked wonders, they were lace up and had good arch support so they held my feet. They were a pair of Hush Puppies and I remember being mortified at 19 that I was wearing 'old lady shoes'. My feet have never hurt since and now if I find a nice pair of stylish Hush Puppies, I buy them!!
  • kerina6
    kerina6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My feet hurt just walking around in every shoe I've ever had except my Aasics kayanos. I can work out hard with them and not have foot pain.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem. i work on my feet all day, then come home and work out, then play rugby. i have extremely high arches and very bony feet. my big toes have no nails on them from being crushed during rugby matches. my pinky toes are folded under because of being broken so many times in rugby...

the only things i have found to help have been better, more supportive shoes, inserts, relatively loose laces so i'm not putting too much pressure on my upper arch. i also soak my feet and rub them with lotion every night.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I invested in tennis balls. After a long night on my feet, I come home and run my feet on those balls for a really nice foot massage. If they don't feel better you might want to have them looked at incase you have plantar fasciitis. It's a very painful inflammation of the plantar fascia. It's possible your feet are just tired, but it never hurts to have them looked at.
  • Myles_D23
    Myles_D23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yeah I noticed that my feet hurt from jumping not so much running or walking
  • ShadowSylph
    Options
    My feet hurt all the time - cause of all the extra weight I'm carrying lol - I just try to find comfy shoes and figure, as the weight comes off, my feet will hurt less :) ..and the weight's not coming off if I stay off my feet :wink: