Does anyone have a success story simply using My Fitness Pal

Options
revloftis
revloftis Posts: 11 Member
Does anyone have a success story simply using My Fitness Pal. I have seen alot of people on here talk about success stories but with other workout and products. I was just wondering if there was any with just the website and app.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,970 Member
    Options
    Oh, bless your heart. This site is about tracking calories and exercise. That IS the Success Stories Tab :laugh: Most everyone did some sort of exercise.

You can lose weight just by calorie tracking. But why? Takes forever, and you can't eat much.

• revloftis
    Options
    I understand that. I work out myself 5 days a week I was just wondering if there was anybody that just used is all. Sorry if I came across rude or mean.
  • Jessica_Henry74
    Options
    If you only use MFP, well that would be kind of hard to lose weight unless you practically starved yourself. You need to do excercise to burn calories so must of us do just that :) We use MFP to track what we eat, and how many calories we burn on whatever excerise we do. Me.....I do zumba and lots and lots of walking with my kids! That, and using MFP to track my calories, I have lost a half pound in 6 days.
  • revloftis
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 10 lbs just following my MFP calorie goal, no exercise b/c I was a couch potato and not motivated to make myself move my body any more than necessary just yet. LOL After 10 lbs I bought a heartrate monitor and started adding exercise little by little - first just walking and cleaning the house a lot more than usual LMAO, then 30 Day Shred then other DVD workouts. Still relied on MFP for my calorie goals the whole time, especially with adding back in calories for the exercise. MFP has been my saving grace. Before I found it I really had no idea that I could have this much control over my weight, my health, my confidence, and overall my life.
  • zippymelanie68
    Options
    I just started This site but have lost 40 pounds before using calorie counting. I gained all the weight back cause I no longer tracked my calories and thought I could manage portions on my own. This site is amazing cause it doesn't just track your calories and gym exercises using gym terms it lets you track everyday activity such as light house work, carrying a 15 pound baby , walking your dog etc. the more you do the more you can track and allows you to eat the finer meals in life. Each day when you finish logging in it gives you an estimate of what you will way in 5 weeks time. I myself am so motivated I started the Turbo Fire just to have faster results. You can lose by this site alone yes because being active is part of this site. The time frame on how fast you want your results is up to you (and me).
  • shirlsatrying
    shirlsatrying Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Revloftis,

I have actually only been using MFP for the last 60 days with no exercise and have lost 20lbs just by tracking and taking charge to log all that I eat and I eat well with in my calorie guide, I hope to be able to start exercising soon but so far I am happy with the results I have got.
    It is a bonus to exercise but for some it is not an option so just logging and tracking helps keep things in check.

All the best for your success and by the way you didn't come across rude or mean.
  • everinm
    everinm Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi,

I started last year and I am almost at the weight I want, this is what I am doing:

Eat more often (6 times a days but on small quantities every 3 hours)

Breakfast -> Snack -> Lunch - > Snack -> Dinner -> Snack

Main Meals try to make them below 500 calories
    Snack to be below or equal to 100 calories

Do exercise at least one a day for more than 20 mins (walking is great)

When you buy your groceries read what are you buying, stay low on fat, sodium and calories.

My blood pressure even drops to levels I didn't see in long time.

Use MFP to keep track of everything!

Good luck :)
  • Huskychemist
    Huskychemist Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm not a success story yet (14 pounds down, many more to go), but I 'only' use MFP. I track calories here, I interact with my friends offering and receiving support, and I workout 5-7 times per week most weeks. I'm not using WW, South Beach, Atkins, or some other type of diet. I'm simply eating healthier choices with smaller portions all around.

So I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for, but I'm sure there are MANY people here that fall into this category.

Good luck!
  • clarea1973
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing your stories! I've strayed and now I am back on MFP and I find them inspiring :)
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    What does this question mean? Do you mean has anyone had success just logging on the internet all day and clicking around MFP??? Strange question. The site is a tool, it's not a food or exercise plan. The site doesn't even provide advice....
  • NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I lost the first 30 pounds exercising maybe 5 times in two months using only MFP as a guide to keep track of calories. And my weight loss didn't slow down, I'm just choosing to exercise more because it moves things along faster and I want to be in better shape, not just weigh less. But you definitely can lose weight using just MFP but I do suggest exercise for the sake of your overall health. :)
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I have lost 29 pounds since mid november,I dont go to a gym or do regular exercises,I do walk every day and keep active through the day.I am 9 pounds from my goal weight and have lost my big gut.You know what they say ,for every hour you spend working out at the gym you gain an hour of your life,but you spend that hour in the gym,,I would rather enjoy my life out doors and get my exercise the old fashion way,walking and keeping active.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I attribute all my success to MFP. I stayed close to my goal and any exercise I do is generic gym stuff, nothing special. I followed advice of those I trusted on the forums. I am very grateful to the community and the program.
  • yhateme1
    yhateme1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 10 pounds just by tracking with MFP. i didnt do any working out but once I started combining a workout with MFP i lost another 11 ..now im up to 21 pounds.
  • madeinforks
    madeinforks Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP for 2 months now along with some fitness classes (various) because it takes both truly to get fit. But I have lost 13.5 lbs keeping within my calorie goal and so i am seeing a lot of success..the weights that we use in our classes has been a huge help in getting toned and it is very good for strengthening..I see how it has helped me to tone up and my clothes fit so much looser and I have lost a lot of inches...4 in off my waist..3 inches off my chest and hips..I love MFP it is awesome!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I have met some of the most amazing people I have ever encountered with MyFitnessPal. They love me, support me, cheer me up, and are helping me through difficult times. It is my joy and pleasure to love them, support them, cheer them, and assist them through their dark times.

THAT is worth far more to me than maintaining my size 6's, worth more to me than being 19-21% body fat, worth more than running a 5k, or my (eventual) first half marathon.
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is what you're looking for, I workout... alot... Marathoner, Duathloner so lots of training. But since starting MFP, I haven't changed my exercise habits.
    Just having a tool that lets me see portion sizes and how they relate to calorie/carb/protein numbers has given me the edge to get to a weight I feel is light enough to make my run/bike go really fast but also provide enough fuel to have the energy to go really fast.
    So I have to believe that you can have success just by adding this site to your weight loss tools.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    It took me a year to lose 35 lbs (I'm at 40 gone now), but I did it without exercise and without starving myself. I wasn't in a hurry and wanted to learn how to eat, or, rather, to relearn how to eat. I need to exercise to be healthier and am trying to motivate myself to do so. BUT, you can definitely succeed by just eating the calories allotted on MFP and making sure those calories are, for the most part, healthy. And, you don't starve!
  • Caffeine_Addict
    Caffeine_Addict Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I just started working out this week. I lost 10lbs with MPF first. I'm hoping exercise will show in the numbers next weigh-day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!