Diet soda = weight gain?

Options
m0dizzle
m0dizzle Posts: 101 Member
Is this fact? I've read that there isn't much evidence of weight gain from the sodas, rather just of the mindset people get in when drinking them (one study claimed that since the person cut out sugar sodas they could eat more food thus misjudging their calories). But I figure if i'm still tracking I'm okay, right? Right?

I've recently grown attached to coke zero vanilla and I'd hate to find out that I'm doing more harm than good. :(

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    It's pseudoscience. Many "naturalist's" try to correlate a lot of mishaps to diet soda. Real science HASN'T shown any of it to be true. Correlation isn't causation.
    I've been drinking Diet Pepsi for over 20 years and have never suffered the maladies that many anti diet soda proponents use to scaremonger people away from it. The only people who need to stay away from diet soda are people who are sensitive to aspartame.
    So drink up.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    There's a vanilla Coke Zero? Oh, I'm so getting that!! Yummmmm
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    oh man, here we go.... This one will get people talking. I say that because I have seen this post before. I will look for it as I commented on it!!!

I never use to drink pop... Now that I have founf coke zero I drink it up on a regular basis. "I had a thing for diet energy drinks" IT was like smoking to me lol.

But I have been drinking Coke zero for about 3 months on a regular basis and cut 15lbs. I am still drinking it and may shower in it tonight jk.

But it had no affect on me what so ever....
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options