YYiiipppeeeee i did it!!!

Options
I did my first 5k marathon Saturday! It was for RACE FOR THE CURE! it was so amazing and such an acoplishment for myself! I actually ran most the way and finished in 43 minutes:bigsmile: cant wait for the next one...its 10 miles:smile:

Replies

• EcHoOoOoO
    EcHoOoOoO Posts: 89
    Options
    I did my first 5k marathon Saturday! It was for RACE FOR THE CURE! it was so amazing and such an acoplishment for myself! I actually ran most the way and finished in 43 minutes:bigsmile: cant wait for the next one...its 10 miles:smile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! :drinker:
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    Good for you!!:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • kitn621
    kitn621 Posts: 215
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! It feels great to accomplish things like that. good luck with the next one.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Way to go Echo!!! Great job :drinker:
  • jadeca
    jadeca Posts: 7
    Options
    Wow that's fantastic. I've just taken up running. It's good to know I can get to the point where I can run a marathon too. Congrats and good luck w/ the next one.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    That is great! Way to go!! And for a fantastic cause! :flowerforyou:
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Wow - what an accomplishment. That's a really great job. How long did you train to get ready for it? I often thought about trying to run a 5K, but I'm not sure I'd be able to complete it. Keep up the good work!!!
  • TANKENEY32
    TANKENEY32 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
  • farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    Congratulations!:flowerforyou:
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    Great Job!!! :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • EcHoOoOoO
    EcHoOoOoO Posts: 89
    Options
    Wow - what an accomplishment. That's a really great job. How long did you train to get ready for it? I often thought about trying to run a 5K, but I'm not sure I'd be able to complete it. Keep up the good work!!!

I actully learned that i shoulda trained more:sad: i have a really hard time runnin (cant breathe) so i do mostly the stair master and stuff like that about 5 days a week for the last 6 months. I definatly need to train harder at the running thing for the next one. I thought it would be so easy since i can fly up the stairs on the stairmaster but not the case this time.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Thats my goal one day!! To run 5km in 30mins or under!! Well first I need to run one hahahaha Congrats! :bigsmile:
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    thats awesome! good for you!
    I am doing that same race on June 7th, but I will be walking!:laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!